 Organizations / SciBrick / 248
Re: SciBrick is looking for you!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.scibrick
Date:
Sun, 24 Oct 2004 19:10:33 GMT

-snip-

   I keep re-stating this, and it keeps being missed.. so, I’ll say it again:

I DO NOT WANT TO SHUT DOWN ANY LEGITIMATE DISCUSSION ABOUT SCIBRICK.

You shouldn’t want to shut down any discussion about SciBrick ! Legitimacy? Is that some toggle SciBrick has to turn free speech on and off as it suits their agenda?

Do you really think I’m trying to control the discussion here? Honestly.. is that what you think?

By “legitimate” - I am only meaning that someone should not show themselves to represent the whole group when they only represent themselves. That is akin to lying, and dicussion that revolves around lying is problematic to begin with.

I only added the word “legitimate” in an effort to seperate what Eric did (pretending to speak for the group) from what I am hoping to foster (discussion of SciBrick’s weaknesses, etc). Further, I also ask that if someone presents a damning critique, that SciBrick is given the chance to rebuttle. Swooping in, saying we are elitist pigs, and then refusing to discuss that accusation doesn’t exactly help us grow much (this has happened before).

   The only thing I ask is that no one pretend to represent the group when they do not.

Your roll here should be to clarify Eric’s involement or lack therof, not to strong arm a retraction. Maybe SciBrick would like to sue him for eliciting interest?

Eliciting interest? How about promising things - like his comments about Event kits, etc. I am trying to get this under control before I escalate it up to legal measures. If Eric would simply promise not to do it again, I’d be at least partially happy. But he hasn’t even done that.

-snip-

   My god.. do you really think that about me? WHY?!?! First you compare me to the Nazi Propaganda Minister, and then you say you’re afraid to contact me- when I have explicitly requested people to contact me!

I think he is referring to Frank Gobles (according to Google) Panamanian fishing adventures guide not Joseph Goebbles Nazi Propaganda Minister.

Heh.

-snip-
   I was excluded Lenny. I was encouraged to become involved with SciBrick at Brickfest PDX by Joe meno and youself. I was invited to join via e-mail from Joe Meno and replied within 1-2 weeks. And, yet was not added to the roster or contacted again.

That was a bureaucratic mistake - did you try to contact me or Joe again to find out the status of your application? I never knew you had requested to Joe, or that you hadn’t been added to the listserv. The Roster had been dead for a while because of a code freeze while a new site was made.

You were NEVER intentionally excluded - it was a bureaucratic mix up plus ‘out-of-site-out-of-mind’ situation. Had you emailed me, I would have made sure you were added.

And I am truly sorry that you felt excluded. I have nothing but respect for your work, and I continue to look forward to your spacestation. The bits I’ve seen of it blew me away, and I know it will be an amazing MOC.

-Lenny