 Organizations / SciBrick / 264
Re: SciBrick is looking for you!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.scibrick
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 2004 19:00:19 GMT

In lugnet.org.scibrick, Dan Boger wrote:
   In lugnet.org.scibrick, Bram Lambrecht wrote:

   Unfortunately, SciBrick’s website has not been one of my priorities lately, so this hasn’t moved along very much. If anyone is skilled at creating HTML->MySQL interfaces with PHP, I’d welcome the help. (I’ve got a bunch of code already written, but the actual forms to fill stuff in are mostly missing).
--Bram (SciBrick.org webmaster)

Are you insisting it be PHP? If you don’t mind some perl (and really, why would you? :), sounds like an easy job.

It is a fairly easy job, just somewhat tedious. Well, the goal was to use the Smarty template engine to completely separate style from content.

   LMK if you’re interested!

I am...here’s the database structure I came up with (with a couple notes): TXT file
As you can see, there is quite a bit of information that needs to be entered and displayed. Error checking is the worst part of it, then there’s also making sure the members are logged in (I’m using PHP sessions for that right now) and that only members at the proper level can add bios or events, etc. I also want to make sure members get signed up for appropriate mailing lists.
--Bram