 Organizations / SciBrick / 238
Re: SciBrick is looking for you!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.scibrick
Date:
Sat, 23 Oct 2004 22:39:54 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.org.scibrick, Kevin Blocksidge wrote:

Who are you?

Well, Blockhead, maybe if you had taken 1 minute to search lugnet under his
name, you would have found 470 results...compared to 240 for yourself.

No seriously, who are you?

He's J-a-s-o-n M-a-n-t-o-r, idiot.

When did someone say "I wonder what Jason Mantor has to say about this".

Probably about the same time that someone said "I wonder what Kevin Blocksidge
or Keith Goldman has to say about this."  Listen, Kevin, Mr. Mantor probably has
no idea of all the dramatic backstory behind this thread, and jumped in with
both feet.  While that might have been a hasty decision, I don't think it
warranted your poorly constructed smack.

How are you involved with this at all?  For that matter, how am I involved with it?
I suppose it's because of me being LEGO Pope and all.

You do remind me of a rattled old man in a bullet-proof golf cart.  Are you a
member of SciBrick?

Anyway, Chris's post wasn't even the most juvenile post in this thread.  It
doesn't even make sense to target Chris's post for your nonsensical rant.

Nonesensical rant?  It made just as much sense as your post (the most juvenile),
dredging up your past hostilities with Sophie, and using his pics to do it.
What, nobody can criticize Chris? (I refuse to call him Admiral Killjoy because
that nickname has already been given to Scott Lyttle (Captain Killjoy).

Also, what is an elitist click member?
The notion of .space elitism is thrown about surprisingly often,
and I seem to remember that even I once believed in it.  I can say now that it is not true.

Of course you say its not true, you are obviously one of "Them" now (and I don't
mean giant ants), an Evil Cabalist!  Talk about nonsensical.  As to the
accusations of elitism, I can say from my brief experience with the group that
they spent more time deciding how to keep people out, and who should be
president, than getting anything done.

There is simply a group of spacers who are very close friends.
They've met in person more than once, and talk online almost daily.
They know each other well; they have inside jokes.( Note, inside jokes =/= "backroom smack" )
Oh and yes, they are very skilled builders.  But they are also very encouraging people,
they want to see others build great stuff, and will do what they can to help.
But does all that make them elitist "click" members?  No.  No, it does not.

That is really touching.  Single tear.  Maybe they'll make you a full member
after that rhetoric...way to suck up.

Die Kevin Blocksidge, die!  Or at least get your shine-box and go back to .teen
where you belong. (S-M-A-C-K)

Now for my unsolicited 2 cents on the larger issue:  Clearly Eric should never
have made that post, as he is not a representative of the group. Although he
apologized for this 'mistake', it appears that many do not believe him.  Unlike
Mr. Mantor, I don't see anything wrong with Lenny asking Eric to delete the
post, just as long as he doesn't force him to.  Much like Lenny, I'd love to see
a 10 page document about all the indignaties and abuses Eric has suffered, it
would make for an entertaining read.  Perhaps a newsgroup should be created just
for the occaision called .Drama  I'm not even sure what this pissing contest is
about anymore.  Eric seems upset that SciBrick has taken his vision and some how
perverted it, but as far as I'm concerned, once you leave a group and cease to
make an effort to change it, you can't really complain. Eric, maybe you should
clarify your position? Or maybe you guys should settle it with knives on
pay-per-view.

-Keith (Rogue SciBricker #2)