 Organizations / SciBrick / 219
Re: SciBrick is looking for you!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.scibrick
Date:
Sat, 23 Oct 2004 05:54:16 GMT

   There are kids that read lugnet, too. This thread is becoming a pathetic example of how not to behave. How about we all pretend to be adults and learn to tolerate people who might think differently than us ?

Jason,

This isn’t about tolerating anyone. You have never met me, but I am one of the most easy going guys around. I want everyone’s opinion to be heard - I am a member of the Lugnet Transition team, and I am 100% committed to Lugnet’s policy of no censorship. Indeed, I have asked Eric to cancel his post. I have not tried to get his post cancelled forcefully, or have done anything other than try to convince him.

I ask this because Eric’s initial post presents Eric as a spokesperson for an organization that he quit - it presents policies of an organization that are untrue. All I want is for Eric to stop spreading misinformation about us, and to un-do the damage he has already done to us.

If Eric wanted to post a “Why I hate SciBrick” post - I would defend his right to 100% - I would not ask him to cancel it. In fact, I would be interested in reading such a post - I don’t fully understand why Eric felt the need to leave in the first place. But a criticism of SciBrick isn’t what this is. This is Eric trying to subvert how SciBrick works by acting as if he represents us.

This would be akin to me calling myself “Jason Mantor” and spreading half truths and lies about you. Not only is this offensive and mean spirited, it could possibly be destructive to you personally. It is something that should be stopped immeadiately.

If you would like to discuss this further privately, you can email me at my Lugnet posting address (lahoffma at mailer.fsu.edu), or at scibrick at gmail dot com.

My personal hope is that this whole mess will end, but, more importantly, that the misinformation, misrepresentation, and hypocrisy will also end.

-Lenny