 Organizations / SciBrick / 240
Re: SciBrick is looking for you!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.scibrick
Date:
Sun, 24 Oct 2004 00:51:58 GMT

In lugnet.org.scibrick, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
   In lugnet.org.scibrick, Brian P. Gefrich wrote:
   In lugnet.org.scibrick, Leonard Hoffman wrote:

snip here and there...

   If Eric wanted to post a “Why I hate SciBrick” post - I would defend his right to 100% - I would not ask him to cancel it.

I thought that was exactly what this whole thread was.

Brian,

Umm.. perhaps then you could tell me what exactly his critque is. Re-read the first post, it is Eric posting a “SciBrick Wants You!” recruitement ad. It is not a critque of SciBrick. Since then, Eric has alluded to criticism, but has provided nothing specific that could help us understand him.

-Lenny

I have no clue what Eric thinks is wrong with Scibrick. From the initial response to his post, I assumed that the purpose was to draw people out to confront him about it openly, which (purposefully or not) sheds a bad light on Scibrick as a whole. I know I’m not the first person in this thread to say that it makes everyone look immature to be fighting here.

If it was just Eric and you, Lenny, battling it out, it would be just that. It’s become this whole thing, and I can’t help but wonder if everyone was just baited into very highly publicizing a private issue. That’s what I meant when I said that’s what I thought the whole thread was about.

As for everything else, I’m not a member of scibrick, I haven’t done anything to warrant an invite, and I never thought I’d be interested in what was going on within it’s ranks (pun intended? who knows?) but now I’m just as glued to the tv (figuratively speaking) to see what Mr. Sophie has to say about the injustices he faced.

-Brian