 Organizations / SciBrick / 216
Re: SciBrick is looking for you!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.scibrick
Date:
Sat, 23 Oct 2004 05:34:25 GMT

In lugnet.org.scibrick, Jason S. Mantor wrote:
What is wrong with you people ?
.Space is getting bad, but .scibrck is out of control !
You guys need to take a deep breath.

This kind of childish crap isn't constructive.

Remember: We all like to play with LEGO.
That's what these formus are for.

Not for elitist click members lashing out at all that disagree with them.
Not for censorship, voluntary or otherwise.

It's about the bricks, people !

There are kids that read lugnet, too.
This thread is becoming a pathetic example of how not to behave.
How about we all pretend to be adults and learn to tolerate people
who might think differently than us ?

Flame me if you must, but at least make it interesting,
-JSM

Who are you?

No seriously, who are you?

When did someone say "I wonder what Jason Mantor has to say about this".  How
are you involved with this at all?  For that matter, how am I involved with it?
I suppose it's because of me being LEGO Pope and all.

Anyway, Chris's post wasn't even the most juvenile post in this thread.  It
doesn't even make sense to target Chris's post for your nonsensical rant.

Also, what is an elitist click member?  The notion of .space elitism is thrown
about surprisingly often, and I seem to remember that even I once believed in
it.  I can say now that it is not true.  There is simply a group of spacers who
are very close friends.  They've met in person more than once, and talk online
almost daily.  They know each other well; they have inside jokes. ( Note, inside
jokes =/= "backroom smack" )

Oh and yes, they are very skilled builders.  But they are also very encouraging
people, they want to see others build great stuff, and will do what they can to
help.

But does all that make them elitist "click" members?  No.  No, it does not.

And its not censorship if all parties involved agree without coercion to delete
something, so don't start claiming it is.