 Organizations / SciBrick / 250
Re: SciBrick is looking for you!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.scibrick
Date:
Sun, 24 Oct 2004 21:12:41 GMT

In lugnet.org.scibrick, Ryan Rubino wrote:
   In lugnet.org.scibrick, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
   That was a bureaucratic mistake - did you try to contact me or Joe again to find out the status of your application? I never knew you had requested to Joe, or that you hadn’t been added to the listserv. The Roster had been dead for a while because of a code freeze while a new site was made.

You were NEVER intentionally excluded - it was a bureaucratic mix up plus ‘out-of-site-out-of-mind’ situation. Had you emailed me, I would have made sure you were added.

Thanks for addressing thiss issue. I respect the difficulties in running such an endeavor and I probably should have followed up by contacting someone. Although, I did notice Mr. goldman was approached at the same time and his membership processed timely.

We are in the process of creating a website which helps to automate the membership process so things like this don’t happen. We have not been actively recruiting members lately because we were still trying to work some kinks out of the system. Believe me, the goal is not to exclude anyone.

Unfortunately, SciBrick’s website has not been one of my priorities lately, so this hasn’t moved along very much. If anyone is skilled at creating HTML->MySQL interfaces with PHP, I’d welcome the help. (I’ve got a bunch of code already written, but the actual forms to fill stuff in are mostly missing).
--Bram (SciBrick.org webmaster)