 Robotics / RCX / legOS / *3644 (-100)
  Re: BrickOS Assembler

(...) One more answer... :-) Mark #include <unistd.h> #include <conio.h> int x = 10; int y = 5; int z; int main() { __asm__(" mov @_x,r0 mov @_y,r1 add r1,r0 mov r0,@_z "); lcd_int(z); msleep(5); return 0; } (20 years ago, 19-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS Assembler

(...) In rethinking I think that compiling with the -S option will do what you want. It should create a file with a .s suffix. -S makes the compiler compile, but not assemble. Kevin "YOU ARE A GENIUS!!!!!! you can put that in your sig file!!!" Chris (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS Assembler

(...) I recommend compiling with the -gstabs+ option (by modifying the makefile). After your .lx file is generated use "h8300-hms-objdump --disassemble-all --source > my.lst" to get a disassembled file with the C source intermixed.into the file (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS Assembler

(...) Hi Mike, Check out the source for memcpy.c in the C library. It's not immediately clear, but the directives at the end of the __asm__ section beginning with "r" associate the %n macros with the given variables. I'm not sure of the exact syntax (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS Assembler

(...) I need to access elements of a 2d array. I don't think this is an option for that. Nevertheless, could you post code that demonstrates this? (...) How do I do that? (...) ??? (...) Hmm... this sounds more like what I'm trying to do. Someone? (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS Assembler

Hi, Michael. I had some trouble with getting variables into registers, as well. I can think of three ways: 1) Pass the variable to a function - the first function argument seems to be r0. You can easily experiment with this by inspecting the (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Brickos fun and games!

(...) I actually had this exact problem at the Hobby Show. I was in a hurry and didn't want to think about it (all I was doing was tweaking the light sensor thresh), so I just rebooted every time. Chris: I had lots of trouble too, but the final (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, FTX)

  Re: NEWBIE question : installing BrickOS

I hate to see questions go unanswered. Steve H replied to me saying it took him 12 hours under these conditions, and now that I have done it I can say it took my P233 laptop a full 24 hours to install brickOS under Paolo's instructions. I'm also sad (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  BrickOS Assembler

Okay, I'm working on a proc in ASM, and I need help with using MOV to move stuff back and forth between memory and registers. I have the following (very simple) program working, but I can't for the life of me get the MOV to work. I've got the (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  NEWBIE question : installing BrickOS

HI, preface, I wouldn't know a cygwin from a GCC if it him me in the head. I just want to D/L a .c prg into my RCX I need advice on the process of installing BrickOS on a p233 laptop running W98se. my question is this: What is a reasonable amount (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Brickos fun and games!

(...) Looks like a nasty one, hopefully someone can offer some specific help. If you'd prefer to use a more recent gcc you can, I posted some info (URL) here>. My problem seemed to be the version of binutils I had. It may be time consuming, but with (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, FTX)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.7.6

(...) You are welcome! I'm glad you were able to get the pre-built tools installed and working. The brickOS root that BricxCC had configured on your system was a result of having a previous installation of BricxCC where I had used that path as the (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.7.6

Hi John, Thanks to your pre-built BrickOS tools, I have finally installed it on my Windows 2000 machine (I tried several times in the past... no luck !). The installation was really fast and easy, the only problem I got was that the default BrickOS (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: The BrickOS Task Manager

(...) C++ is more particular with types than regular ol' C. However, I think BrickOS's definition of NULL in mem.h is incorrect (as this was causing one of the problems in the execi call). IMO, it should be defined like so: #ifdef __cplusplus (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: The BrickOS Task Manager

(...) When saved as multi.c, but not when saved as multi.cpp (...) Start multiple tasks within a program that uses objects. I could rewrite a number of parts to use structs instead, but I just wanted to check that there wasn't some easy solution. (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: The BrickOS Task Manager

(...) Were you able to compile it as is? What are you trying to do? What errors are you getting? I tested that with version xx.09, not the latest one. Steve (20 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: The BrickOS Task Manager

(...) Thank you again for the help, but unfortunately it only compiles when saved as a '.c' file. Some of my code depends pretty heavily on classes... is there any easy change to make this work as object oriented code? *just spent two hours trying (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.7.6

(...) I will make this change. Thanks for the report! John Hansen (20 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.7.6

small suggestion: when you've a syntax error in NQC, it goes like this - error is reported - you correct the error - recompile the source - code is downloaded - error message disappears In my opinion, the last 2 actions should be the other way (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: The BrickOS Task Manager

(...) Thank you very much. That was exactly what I needed. Very much appreciated. Mike (20 years ago, 10-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: The BrickOS Task Manager

(...) This works. Steve ---- #include <unistd.h> #include <dbutton.h> #include <dmotor.h> int MotorSpeed = 0; int RunMotor() { while (!shutdown_requested()) { motor_a_dir(MotorSpeed); } return 0; } int CheckButton() { while (!shutdown_requested()) { (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Implementation of Installable Timers

(...) I'd go with the flag, myself. (...) Its certainly possible for the client timer to reinsert itself - therefore the recurring timer is not strictly required. It could be left out for space reasons. I'd probably either take it out and make it (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: The BrickOS Task Manager

(...) Sorry, I'm still just not getting it at all. I have type errors all over the place trying to pass arguments to my task. Could someone please simply email me or post an example of a program that starts, runs two or more threads, and will (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Brickos fun and games!

Hello. I have finally got gcc 2.95.3 - the official brickos compiler - installed on my computer (SUSE Linux). I can type "make" and compile all the brickos directory fine. firmdl3 works fine. BUT, dll doesn't seem to work. When I use dll to download (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Implementation of Installable Timers

(...) It would seem reasonable to check the location of the struct; if in kernel memory, don't remove; if in user memory, remove. However, you could add a flag to the timer struct which could use T_KERNEL and T_USER flags. (...) I looked quickly (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Implementation of Installable Timers

(...) You are right. I found in an app that I was using that if I pressed the run / stop button, my task would be killed, and leave a dangling timer - which would usually blow the little brick into the weeds :o) I 'solved' it in a crude way by (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Implementation of Installable Timers

Iain McInnes wrote: [snip] (...) Great idea! (...) In your implementation, would it be possible for the client task to be killed (in the case of a run-away task)... causing the struct to be deallocated... while the struct is still in the linked (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Points to: 'Implementation of Installable Timers'

Hi, ppl. I posted this one in the wrong place :0 (URL) Enjoy ! Iain. (20 years ago, 8-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Points to 'Design by Contract'

Hi, Folks, I posted some stuff on an assert() macro - in the wrong place - (D'oH). The thread is here: (URL) Enjoy ! Iain. (20 years ago, 8-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Hello World !

Hello everybody. I’ve been fooling around with BrickOS in the last few weeks, becoming familiar with it. BrickOS is very cool. Thank you, those who have made it what it is, and thank you, those who help out those with the common problems (yes, I had (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: The BrickOS Task Manager

IIRC the issue was that Task, Process and Thread were all used to represent the same item/concept in the Kernel code. After some discussion, it was decided that the word Task would be used in all cases. This improves readability, etc... (ie. Task (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Sensor Power

(...) Take a look at the functions ds_power_on() & ds_power_off() as defined in the dsensor.c kernel file. When you've set the sensor to passive mode, you should be able to manipulate the sensor power bits using these functions[1] or just use the (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Motor Display

(...) This problem has been fixed in the most recent CVS source file (dmotor.c), but as far as I can tell it hasn't been part of an offical release yet: (URL) (20 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: The BrickOS Task Manager

tid_t -> thread ID pid_t -> process ID ? "nanobapt" <nanobapt@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message news:3FF95FD4.608020...adoo.fr... (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Sensor Power

ok, I have a real question. I'm interested in sending messages between RCXs using only the sensor ports. I've tested and found by switching between active and passive, signals can be sent, however, when the port is set to active, it is not powered (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Motor Display

For some silly reason, I was browsing through the BrickOS code and I noticed this: void motor_a_dir(MotorDirection dir) { dm_a.dir = dm_a_pattern[dir]; dlcd_hide(LCD_A_LEFT); dlcd_hide(LCD_A_RIGHT); if (dir == fwd || dir == brake) (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: The BrickOS Task Manager

(...) only as a side note: you shouldn't really do this. you are burning precious cpu-cycles here. it should look something like while(!(rowdone && coldone)) msleep(5); if you're in a hurry you can make smaller msleep's... (20 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: The BrickOS Task Manager

in version 2.6.1 (I've just download it) extern tid_t execi(int (*code_start) (int, char **), int argc, char **argv, priority_t priority, size_t stack_size); declare in unistd.h ! So use the tid_t and not the pid_t ! (like say ROSCO) Does anyone (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: problems wirh installing driver for usb-tower under linux

Von: "Annedore Rößling" <u15780@hs-harz.de> Betreff: Re: problems wirh installing driver for usb-tower under linux Datum: Sonntag, 4. Januar 2004 13:25 (...) When I tried ./configure --with-linux-include...n/include/ confiure.in continued but (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: The BrickOS Task Manager

(...) [snip] (...) Hi Mike, What version of BrickOS are you using? IIRC the correct type for thread IDs in the current version is tid_t, not pid_t. Also, I dunno if it was a typo, but you should include tm.h, not tm.c. HTH ROSCO (20 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: The BrickOS Task Manager

(...) Hmm... it doesn't seem to recognize pid_t as a valid type. I have a document of the functions in brickOS that indicates execi returning an int. Which is it? (...) Still confused... I'll post the poignant code: pid_t rowthread; pid_t colthread; (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: The BrickOS Task Manager

(...) To make a thread with BrickOS (I use the 0.2.4, but I think that the method is the same !) You need to use the execi function : pid_t my_thread; ... (function other declaration int funct(int argc, char *argv[]) { // Function that the robot (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  The BrickOS Task Manager

Hi everyone, I was wondering if there's any documentation or example programs detailing how to use the task manager in BrickOS. The only example I have is the line-follow program that somehow uses tasks to 'wake up' when it detects a colour change. (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: problems wirh installing driver for usb-tower under linux

(...) If you look into the configure script you can found this line : if ! test -f $KINC/linux/version.h ; then { echo "configure: error: no suitable configured kernel include tree found" 1>&2; exit 1; } fi So the test return 0 that indicate you (...) (20 years ago, 3-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  problems wirh installing driver for usb-tower under linux

Hello! I tried to install the driver for the usb-tower under SuSE linux 9.0 but configure failed with the message: no configured kernel include tree found. I installed the kernel sources and tried again, but the problem was still the same. I heard (...) (20 years ago, 2-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Linux help

Does anyone have the following precompiled binaries available for download for i386? firmdl3 dll I could really do with them, then I wouldn't need the gcc 2.95 compiler. Cheers, Ralph "Ralph Clark" <Ralph.Clark@ntlworld.com> wrote in message (...) (20 years ago, 2-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Linux help

Are there any complete instructions for installing brickOS on Linux? The instructions in the FAQ are years out of date. I am very confused what I am meant to be doing. So far I have downloaded and installed these rpms: a.. (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: random problems...

(...) I found out what my problem was. I didn't seed the random number. This seems to be REQUIRED. (21 years ago, 30-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: random problems...

(...) How do you know that it return 0 ? nanobapt (21 years ago, 29-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  random problems...

I'm having a problem with the random() function in BrickOS. I keep getting a return value of zero. Is there something that needs to be set-up before using the function? What kind of value does it return? I've seen documentation that says it returns (...) (21 years ago, 29-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Direct Link (was Global Objects was Strange RCX startup issues)

(...) perfect! Step by step directions. Thanks. (...) So, now I can use the 'run' button to do other stuff, right? Or, for that matter, I could do other stuff with the On/Off button. After I turn it off (using the code listed), then, I can just turn (...) (21 years ago, 15-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Direct Link (was Global Objects was Strange RCX startup issues)

(...) Ok, I'll take a shot at it: 1) Make a new directory in the root BrickOS directory called pgm. 2) Copy the files config.h and Makefile from the boot directory to the pgm directory. 3) Copy your C files to the pgm directory. 4) Edit config.h (in (...) (21 years ago, 13-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Vision command + linux

someone ask me to diffuse my code .... then it's here : (URL) can use it to make your own project. Please read the README and if you have any question mail me nanobapt (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Vision command + linux

(...) LOL, thanks (...) I wil try some method to fixe it nanobapt (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Vision command + linux

(...) This is a pretty cool technique! I really like the middle picture (movehead2.jpg) just as a work of art. (...) You could overcome this by subtracting out the minimum pixel change from all pixels. So if the entire picture gets brighter or (...) (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics)

  Vision command + linux

I've test a new filter for the camera .... In my first study I applied a filter only in one image .... Now I take the "time" parameter ! I make a difference between two image and here is the result When nothing move : (URL) I move my head : (URL) (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics)

  Direct Link (was Global Objects was Strange RCX startup issues)

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Mark Riley wrote: ... (...) All right, this brings up an interesting question. I can use BrickOS well enough to make it do cool stuff, but I really don't know all the cool stuff BrickOS can do... If I read this (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: My problems with adding a Best Fit algorithm for memory management to kernel/mm.c

Mark Riley wrote: [snip] (...) This is easy enough to implement (1 or 2 lines), but raises the question: Should these memory strategies be included with BrickOS (with a config.h flag to control it)? I am sure the educators would rather leave that (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Global Objects was Strange RCX startup issues

Understood. In this case, I am thinking that the option should be ON by default; such that a new, less experienced user would not encounter a problem; but an experienced user could turn the option off. // Joe (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Global Objects was Strange RCX startup issues

(...) But, it perhaps should default to being enabled as this deficiency has caused some confusion in the past. Great work, Joe! Mark (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Global Objects was Strange RCX startup issues

(...) I opt for option. Not much may be to much in some cases. And I don't want to program in c++ anyway. Regards, Michael (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Global Objects was Strange RCX startup issues

(...) [snipped] (...) I simply added ctor_size and dtor_size to the *image*, *lx* and *program* structures. This allows the program manager to calc the start and end of these segments. (...) It wasn't as hard as I had thought. I have the fix (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Memory, Motors and Odd Things

(...) no. Ok, that's my first problem. (...) hmm. yep. malloc()... (...) no, using the firmdl3. (...) Yes, it's recursive. And, I'm sure your hunch is right. (...) It sounds like it's the malloc() bug. I'm using 0.2.6.09 (?) I'm not going to switch (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, FTX)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.7.6

(...) Wow! I've just discovered Bricxcc! Thank you very much for providing such a useful tool. I'm using PbForth and I was impressed by what you've included in BricxCC. Just to share with you, here's what I did so far. I've renamed the Help file so (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics, FTX)

  Re: My problems with adding a Best Fit algorithm for memory management to kernel/mm.c

  Re: Memory, Motors and Odd Things

(...) Hi Steve, Are you using BrickOS 0.2.6.10? In earlier versions, it was possible for malloc() to return pointers to RAM in the range [F010,FB7F], which was shared with the motor port controller. Writing to this memory adversely affected the (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, FTX)

  Re: Logging sensor data

(...) That's why I use brickOS nanobapt (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Memory, Motors and Odd Things

I ran into something odd, and I'm wondering if someone can explain it. I have a pretty large BrickOS program, (the .lx is about 9k) and it uses around 2k for variables. (I think) I've noticed when the program is running, it's not doing anything with (...) (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Logging sensor data

(...) No, I regret to say, you must buy it. Jerry (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Logging sensor data

(...) does robolab is free ? nanobapt (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Logging sensor data

(...) If you had not already decided to use LegOS/BrickOS you might have used Robolab, which has nice sensor data-logging utilities built-in. I show a sensor log in my project 'The LEGO Level' at (URL) It's very easy to set up. Jerry (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Linux legos install help me please

(...) Oups nbo sorry ... not for the moment but I can implement it !! Oh if someone know how to make work the USB tower under linux (to add this function to legnoppix) that would be fun (...) Yes that only this file ... (...) Yes put it in the (...) (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Logging sensor data

(...) Arg .... you don't want to use legnoppix or something like that ? I don't know how implement LNPD to cygwin or other stuff like that nanobapt (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Global Objects was Strange RCX startup issues

(...) Yes. (...) Yes, I took a peek at the dll code and it looks like only one packet type would have to be extended to add this additional information. When not using the program manager (i.e. linking the user program directly to BrickOS), then (...) (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Linux legos install help me please

Wow thanks for the speedy response nanobapt. I am going to attempt to run legnoppix as a guestthrough VMware tonight. I will keep you posted on how that goes. Whati am really interested in is the math. Nano wrote (...) 1st Are you saying that (...) (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Global Objects was Strange RCX startup issues

Doh! I think I just answered the question (of course it was After hitting send) Joseph Woolley wrote: [snip] > Also, I have a question (because of my limited knowledge of how the > __ctors and __dtors are managed): Would the two *for* loops in your (...) (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Global Objects was Strange RCX startup issues

Mark, This is an interesting issue. Initially, after reading your post, I was thinking that it would be easy to add this support to BrickOS. Of course, this is only partially correct. For NON Task Manager builds (therefore no Program manager), it is (...) (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: Logging sensor data

Win 98 and Cygwin Thanks, Allen (...) (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Logging sensor data

(...) What OS do you use ? nanobapt (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: Logging sensor data

Hi nanobapt, Thanks for your help, I was sort of thinking along these lines. I know very little about LNP so apologies if I come across as a little ignorant. Is there an LNP server I can run on my machine to collect the data sent to the RCX tower? (...) (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Logging sensor data

(...) You can combine both solutions ... Storage in the RCX memory and then send it by lnp (after 10 data for example) You need to test :) nanobapt (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: Logging sensor data

Hi nanobapt, What I tend to do is sample a sensor every say 20ms and log the data over a period of upto about 5 seconds. In your opinion what would be the best method, local storage or realtime streaming via LNP?, can LNP stream at this speed? (...) (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Linux legos install help me please

(...) Hmm rellay difficult to solve .... For your mandrake : make in a term "make > error" and send me (to my personnal mail) the file call error What version of brickOS do you use ? I know that there are error with the gcc 3.X so try (like you (...) (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Logging sensor data

(...) How many time do you want to log it ? you can stock it to the RAM or send it by lnp .... nanobapt (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Linux legos install help me please

Please help me install legos on Mandrake or help me fix my debian legos and add math.h I am a complete linux novice. 1 I have been enjoying the ease of use of Debian and the apt-get functions and friends with that distribution. For a beginner in (...) (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Strange RCX startup issues

(...) This was only a problem when using certain firmware downloaders. If you use firmdl3, then you should be fine. (...) As far as I can tell, I don't think there is any provision in BrickOS to call the constructors and destructors of globals & (...) (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Help w/install _or_ It all went so well

(...) You can do make fontdesign in the util directory to create fontdesign.exe I have managed to get brickos-0.2.6.10 working using gcc 3.3.1 on win98 under cygwin, though I had a few problems along the way. At this stage I have only tried a few of (...) (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, FTX)

  Strange RCX startup issues

Hello, using brickOS v0.2.6.10... When I declare an object of type Motor and assign it a port outside of main() the RCX does not run the program at all, I have to remove batteries and reload firmware to get it back to normal. Is this related to the (...) (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Remote Message Buttons

That doesn't seem to help, doing things that way actually made the Stop and Beep buttons function as Stop and Beep. I was hoping to have all the buttons "raw" messages available to remap their functionality. I think I know how to modify the kernel (...) (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Logging sensor data

Hi there, I'm quite new to the Mindstorms and LegOS/BrickOS scene but have recently begun using the kits for robotics purposes in University. They have been a revelation to me and speed up prototyping projects to no end. My question though concerns (...) (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Remote Message Buttons

(...) I just use the standard IR message stuff from BrickOS. They are normal messages, so this works just fine. Here are some lines of code: (I think it's in lnp.h) #include <sys/lnp.h> ... clear_msg(); ... if (msg_received != 0) my_message_value = (...) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Remote Message Buttons

Hello, Anyone had problems getting the message 1,2,3 buttons working with brickOS? All other remote buttons are working. I am using v0.2.6.10. I looked through the kernel and includes, it looks like in lr_process(), the lr_keys gets checked vs. (...) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: My problems with adding a Best Fit algorithm for memory management to kernel/mm.c

(...) Yes, your summary is correct. Good luck with the rest of your project, Mark (21 years ago, 7-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: My problems with adding a Best Fit algorithm for memory management to kernel/mm.c

(...) Mark, Thanks again thanks for the reply. Yes, my main comcern is that the OS tasks move around only after the first power off & on, no time else. And also it was just a typo, the blocks are in order I was looking at the wrong copy of my layout (...) (21 years ago, 7-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: My problems with adding a Best Fit algorithm for memory management to kernel/mm.c

(...) So, if I understand you correctly, your concern is that the OS tasks move around the first time you power off & on, but not anytime thereafter? Assuming this to be the case, then: 1) When you first download BrickOS, there is a large chunk of (...) (21 years ago, 7-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: My problems with adding a Best Fit algorithm for memory management to kernel/mm.c

(...) Mark, Thanks for the reply, and sorry I forgot to include some more details I have results from 2 memory scans (the values may be a bit off from each other (i.e. starting addresses, but that is becuase they are from 2 times I ran it, and I (...) (21 years ago, 7-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: My problems with adding a Best Fit algorithm for memory management to kernel/mm.c

(...) Hi Mike, It would be helpful to see each of the memory block dumps and some notation as to what actions you took between each dump (i.e. RCX on/off, program downloaded, etc...) Mark (21 years ago, 7-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: My problems with adding a Best Fit algorithm for memory management to kernel/mm.c

Well, I have another problem - this time with Worst Fit. It may be becuase I have been looking at this code for so much time over the past few months, but I have encountered this problem with my implementation and my mind is boggled (as well as (...) (21 years ago, 7-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Editing Makefile (adding comman line arguements)

(...) Ed, Thanks for the reply, I will look at that manual, I never knew to look there. I bet it will help me out. Thanks Mike (21 years ago, 7-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Editing Makefile (adding comman line arguements)

(...) Mike, You might start off by checking the manual for GNU Make at (URL) just look within the various makefiles within the brickOS code. Try Makefile.commom at brickOS root. Ed (21 years ago, 7-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact