 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3560
3559  |  3561
Subject:
Linux legos install help me please
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 2003 09:34:13 GMT

Please help me install legos on Mandrake or help me fix my debian legos and add
math.h I am a complete linux novice.

1 I have been enjoying the ease of use of Debian and the apt-get functions and friends with that distribution.  For a beginner in Linux you can get around most things using  the Debian tools including installing LegOS.  However my new laptop is just not at all debian friendly and I have had to resort to Mandrake 9.2.   I have downloaded and unpackaged the usual rpms(egcs and binutils) and believe that everything is cool until compiling brickOs (make)
The error is returning
missing terminating " character- in kernal/lnp.c on line 152 and 171.
In lnp.c is a (" followed by sevral line of code until it reachess ") on 171.  Reading through the forums I saw someone was having trouble in cygwin with the same issue.   The advice given was to surround all the code on the lines between the two tagets with __asm("  ").  I tried this but the next compilation came back with a million errors and warnings.
I also recall some other discusions which lead me to believe my gcc3.3.1 is too
new and maybe need to back track to 2.95.  COULD THIS BE THE CASE? and if so
what would be the best way for a linux dunce to do it?

2 On my debian desktop that I used to have working I was trying to implement
Bapt's math.h (3269).  It looks really cool, but are there any more instructions
about how I can add to my kernal, my attempts have been disatrous and resulted
breaking the one existing version of legos I still had running.  If anyone can
help I can post some more detials about what I have done