 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3557
3556  |  3558
Subject:
Strange RCX startup issues
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 2003 10:39:58 GMT

Hello,

using brickOS v0.2.6.10...

When I declare an object of type Motor and assign it a port outside of
main() the RCX does not run the program at all, I have to remove batteries
and reload firmware to get it back to normal.

Is this related to the 2-byte offset that is skipping the register clear
that makes the motors run when they are not commanded?

I didn't notice the motor doing anything, just no RCX operation until I
moved the definition of the Motor type object back into main().

Any insights will be appreciated, I don't mind figuring out why this
happens, just want to know if someone else already has or not.

Rand