 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3598
3597  |  3599
Subject:
Linux help
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 1 Jan 2004 13:06:20 GMT

Are there any complete instructions for installing brickOS on Linux? The
instructions in the FAQ are years out of date.

I am very confused what I am meant to be doing. So far I have downloaded and
installed these rpms:
a.. rcx-binutils-2.9.5.0.22-1.i386.rpm
a.. rcx-egcs-1.1.2-1.i386.rpm
a.. rcx-egcs-c++-1.1.2-1.i386.rpm

from here:
http://legos.sourceforge.net/files/linux/redhat/

I unzipped the brickos.tar.gz file and opened the new brickos-0.2.6
directory and typed ./configure
That seemed to go fine. Then I typed "make" and it gave errors saying that
there was a missing " character in lnp.c
I've read other threads about people having this same problem and was
wondering if there was a way to rewrite lnp.c so I don't get this error.
Any help would be gratefully received.
(I'm using SUSE 9.0)

Thanks in advance,
Ralph

P.S
Ideally I'd like to obtain the prebuilt binaries so I don't have to spend
years messing around with trying to build them myself. Is there anywhere
these can be downloaded?