 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3639
Re: BrickOS Assembler
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 2004 11:00:38 GMT

Hi, Michael.

I had some trouble with getting variables into registers, as well.

I can think of three ways:

1) Pass the variable to a function - the first function argument seems to be r0.
You can easily experiment with this by inspecting the assembler output from gcc.

2) Figure out the assembler idiom for referring to symbols and use that.

3) I spent a bit of time surfing around the existing code, and there seems to be
an assembler macro idiom where variables can be pasted directly into the
assembler.  I was too lazy to find the documentation on how to use it, but
someone might post here to tell you ;)

I found that nr. 1 worked sufficiently well for me not to bother following up
the other two.

Iain