 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3640
Re: BrickOS Assembler
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 2004 19:53:58 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Iain McInnes wrote:
1) Pass the variable to a function - the first function argument seems to be r0.

I need to access elements of a 2d array. I don't think this is an option for
that. Nevertheless, could you post code that demonstrates this?

You can easily experiment with this by inspecting the assembler output from gcc.

How do I do that?

2) Figure out the assembler idiom for referring to symbols and use that.

???

3) I spent a bit of time surfing around the existing code, and there seems to be
an assembler macro idiom where variables can be pasted directly into the
assembler.  I was too lazy to find the documentation on how to use it, but
someone might post here to tell you ;)

Hmm... this sounds more like what I'm trying to do. Someone?

#include <conio.h>
#include <unistd.h>

unsigned short total;

int main(int argc, char **argv) {

  cputs("hello");
  sleep(1);

  total = 255;

  __asm__("
  .text
  .align 1

    push.w r2
    push.w r3

    mov.b #0x00,r2h
    mov.b #0x08,r2l

    verticalxloop:

      add.b #1,r2h

      cmp.b r2h,r2l

      bge loopout

    bra verticalxloop

    loopout:

    mov.b r2h,@_total

    pop.w r3
    pop.w r2
  ");

  cputw(total);
  sleep(1);
  cls();

  return 0;
}

Here it compiles without an error, but it puts 00FF on the display, rather than
8. Obviously r2h was never actually moved into total at all...

Mike