 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3601
Re: problems wirh installing driver for usb-tower under linux
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sat, 3 Jan 2004 11:06:10 GMT

Anne wrote:

Hello!
I tried to install the driver for the usb-tower under SuSE linux 9.0 but
configure failed with the message:

no configured kernel include tree found.

I installed the kernel sources and tried again, but the problem was still the
same.
I heard there are problems with linux kernel for athlon, but I didn`t find a
solution. Could be that is the problem...

I hope someone can help me...

Anne.

If you look into the configure script you can found this line :

if ! test -f $KINC/linux/version.h ; then
  { echo "configure: error: no suitable configured kernel include tree
found" 1>&2; exit 1; }
fi

So the test return 0 that indicate you don't have the source ! Why ?
certainly cause you don't indicate the good directory ...

Then what is $KINC ? Look before those line and see that

UNAMER=`uname -r`
if ! test "$KSRC$KINC" ; then
  if test -d "/usr/src/linux" ; then
    KSRC=/usr/src/linux
  elif test -d "/usr/src/linux-$UNAMER" ; then
    KSRC=/usr/src/linux-$UNAMER
  fi

look to the command uname -r
$ uname -r
2.4.20
$

So if the directory /usr/src/linux exist KSRC=/usr/src/linux
else KSRC=/usr/src/linux-$UNAMER for example : KSRC=/usr/src/linux-2.420

So make sure that your kernel is untar in the /usr/src/ and the name is
linux or linux-$UNAMER

if not you can do somthing like that ln -s /REAL/LINUX/DIRECTORY/
/usr/src/linux

nanobapt