 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3545
Re: Editing Makefile (adding comman line arguements)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 7 Dec 2003 02:23:22 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Michael Martelli wrote:
I am trying to edit Makefile in the main brickos dir so that I can access the
arguements on the command line when I enter "make _____" to compile the
directory.

I need to do so because I need to have a certain command execute when the
arguements are not equal to 1 of 3 things.

I know that cygwin uses a bash shell, and I have looked at various bash
scripting commands but none work.  I have tried $argv[1], $1, $*, $@... and
other variation of them (including sorrounding the variable names in '(' and
')'.

I am rather new to scripting, but have a pretty good understanding of it, does
anyone have any knowlegde of this issue?

Thanks
Mike

Mike,

You might start off by checking the manual for GNU Make at

http://www.gnu.org/software/make/manual/make.html

or just look within the various makefiles within the brickOS code.  Try
Makefile.commom at brickOS root.

Ed