 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3549
Re: My problems with adding a Best Fit algorithm for memory management to kernel/mm.c
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 7 Dec 2003 05:51:30 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Mark Riley wrote:

Hi Mike,

It would be helpful to see each of the memory block dumps and some notation as
to what actions you took between each dump (i.e. RCX on/off, program downloaded,
etc...)

Mark

Mark,

Thanks for the reply, and sorry I forgot to include some more details

I have results from 2 memory scans (the values may be a bit off from each other
(i.e. starting addresses, but that is becuase they are from 2 times I ran it,
and I added some OS code one time - it did not effect the output).  You should
be able to get the idea of the problem from the examples though.

When I did not shut off the RCX between program executions
here is the allocation of memory

Addr PID Size
--------------------
ADEA AD50 000A
AE02 AD50 0040
AE86 AD50 0004
AE92 AD50 000A
AEAA AD50 0040
AF2E AD50 0004
AF3A AD50 000A
AF52 AD50 0040
AFD6 AD50 000A
AFEE AD50 0100
B1F2 AD50 0004
B1FE AD50 000A
B216 AD50 0100
B41A AD50 000A
B432 AD50 0100
B636 0000 0007
B648 AFDA 006B
B722 B202 000A
B73A B202 0200
BB3E B202 0004
BB4A B726 0020
BB8E 0000 0038
BC02 B726 001A
BC3A 0000 008F
BD5C B726 0002
BD64 B726 000B
BD7E 0000 18D5
EF2C FFFF 0010
EF50 0000 0054
EFFC FFFF 0700
FE00 0000 007C
FEFC FFFF 0080

When I did shut off the RCX between program executions
here is the allocation of memory

Addr PID Size
--------------------
ADCA 0000 042D