 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3552
Re: My problems with adding a Best Fit algorithm for memory management to kernel/mm.c
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 7 Dec 2003 20:07:10 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Michael Martelli wrote:

That makes perfect sense.  So to sum up, the only thing that stays in memory
after I turn the RCX off is that user program and those 3 resereved blocks (PID
= FFFF).  The OS tasks get freed (all 15 with PID=AD50 and the 3 with PID=B202).
Even the blocks that I allocated get deleted because their parent task (my user
program) gets killed by the OS.  So the only thing left is my program itself.

Yes, your summary is correct.  Good luck with the rest of your project,

Mark