 Robotics / RCX / *6655 (-100)
  New .NET library for RCX, Scout and CyberMaster

Go to (URL) !!!! You can download a library for .NET environment to programm your brick!! It doesn't require any lego software and can be used in your preferred language : C#, C++, VB, J#, Perl, Python . . As soon as possible will be released a (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Sensor port cross talk

(...) Yes. I avoid using raw mode whenever possible because of the background fluctuations I see in sensor values. These could quite easily swamp the VM making the robot appear unresponsive. Whereever possible I use percentage values if I need (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: RCX Off Timer

(...) Are you using the 'stock' Mindstorms software? There is an option in the setup for the RCX, where you can set the time-off to 'infinity'. I don't remember where it is in version 1.0, but in 2.0 it's in the same area where you download the (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RCX Off Timer

I have a problem with the RCX ver 1.0. Recently our group, MichLTC, ran a RCX controlled trolley in a train show. The problem is that the RCX shuts down while the program is running. I believe this has to do with the idle shutdown feature of the (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: Sensor port cross talk

(...) If you've ever worked with multi-port A/D converters on a micro, and scanned all of the inputs you've been bitten by this one. It's caused by two things, parasitic capacitance on the chip itself and leakage between the lines going to the A/D (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Sensor port cross talk

This is certainly a known defect in the input circuitry in the RCX. I know nothing about other kernels apart from the standard Lego one (via NQC) but the results of my examining the problem indicated that the ports are scanned in reverse order, 3 - (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Sensor port cross talk

A light sensor connected to port 2 can cause on output from port 1. To see this (if you are using lejos), download the View object and hook up a light sensor to port 2. On my RCX, the port 1 raw values fluctuate between about 1010 and 1019. A (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: legos.sourceforget.net broken

"Stephen M Moraco" wrote in message (...) I tried to send out a message from the BrickOS mailing list, but didn't see it pop up in my email... do we need to "sign-up" for the new one? Or will the old one be "copied" over? // Joe p.s. I am (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legos.sourceforget.net broken

(...) Thanks for the heads up, Mark. What's broken? (I did seem to misspell a URL to the brickOS website.) I'm fixing that now. See anything else? Stephen -- stephen@debian.org stephmo@users.sourceforge.net (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  legos.sourceforget.net broken

I'm not sure who would be responsible for this but the legos website at sourceforge is broken. (URL) doesn't work. It looks some changes were underway for the brickOS name change. mark (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  lego firmware multitasking?

Since I bought my mindstorms in 1998 I've been primarily using LegOS rather then the standard firmware. Now I'm helping coach a class for kids and we are required to use the standard firmware and GUI programming. I've been having trouble (...) (22 years ago, 27-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  new newsgroup lugnet.robotics.spybotics

A new newsgroup/list lugnet.robotics.spybotics has been created for the focused discussion of LEGO SPYBOTICS issues (with a big emphasis on replacement firmware and/or software). Feel free to crosspost between .robotics and .robotics.spybotics, as (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.microscout, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.admin.nntp) !

  Re: RCX Sensors

Hi, the sensor page from Michael Gasperi contains all informations you need. (URL) can find schematics and small programs that show the function of many sensors. And the very best ... Michael tells a lot details for homebrew sensors. If you look at (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Cool Demo??

Does anyone have any programs that would make for a cool demo of the mindstorms package for 8-14yr olds and their parents? Preferably that would work well with the basic roverbots and would involve communication amongst multiple robots. I was going (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RCX Sensors

(...) They all have a current run through them, and their resistance is then turned into a 10-bit number by the RCX's ADC. 0 = no resistance, 1023 = infinite resistance. Normally, this is a small current. However, for light sensors to have the LED (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RCX Sensors

Hello, I was wondering if anyone out there has information about the RCX sensors (touch, light) and how they communicate/interface with the RCX itself. Perhaps schematics. Many of the links out there right now do not work. Any help would be (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  legOS and Windows

Hello to all, I'm new here, I finally decided to play a bit with legOS (was only using NQC until now). After reading all the posts describing problems with installing it under Windows, I am happy to say that everything works without too many (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  New...

I´m new at this plave, but I´ve been building with RCX for a while. Wanted to share my things and maybe get some opinions :-) Have a nice summer! Kenneth (URL) MIME ATTACHMENTS DISCARDED: 1. Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  RCX and legOS users in the Chicago metro area

I'm looking for Mindstorms RCX users in the northern Chicago metro area. Are there swap meets or competitions or working groups? I'm using legOS and emuLegOS in a Linux environment. (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Any substitute to the default lego serial cable!

Hi! all, Thanks for the replies, now I can use one null-modem cable with 2 DB-adapters to construct the cable for the RCX communicatoin. But the cost is about US$5.5. If the shipping fees to HK were not so high, I would perfer to buy the default (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Any substitute to the default lego serial cable!

(...) Its a universal cable. Just about any null modem cable would do, but not all cables are null modem. Try using lejosfirmdl and see what it says. (...) That's right. (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: IR question

no, there is no difference in hardware between 1.0 and 2.0 ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jude Beaudin" <shiningblade@rogers.com> Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 17:05:15 GMT To: lugnet.robotics.rcx@lugnet.com Subject: IR question Is there a hardware (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  IR question

Is there a hardware difference between the RCX 1.0 and RCX 2.0 in regards to the IR? Or is the difference eliminated by firmware? Jude (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Any substitute to the default lego serial cable!

Hi! Paul, | |Thanks for your help first. I didnt' test it using lejos! I just used |the default LEGO RIS UI in win98 to try to download the lego default firmware |to RCX brick! |When the dialog box under the hardware setting option informed me the (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Any substitute to the default lego serial cable!

The cable is wired as a null modem cable (see (URL) If that's what you have, then it should work. A couple of other questions: 1. When you try to download the firmware does the green light on the tower come on? 2. Have you set RCXTTY to the correct (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Any substitute to the default lego serial cable!

Hi, all! I've just bought and got a IR serial tower from bricklink but I haven't a default lego serial cable. Originally, I think ordinary RS-232 DB-9F to DB-9F cable can be used instead, but I fail to do the firmware downloading under Win98 RIS UI (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: LNPD and Cygwin

I put it on a temporary account: (URL) luck :) Michael (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNPD and Cygwin

Hmm well i would like to see the lnpd ported to windows but, the client is a very good start. WinLNP was pretty much useless so any code you can put out would be very helpful. Good luck with the porting, Jason Hensler (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Release 2.0 of lejos

Hi, The short answer is no. We are looking for someone who might be interested in integrating (URL) with lejos though :-) (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  RE: What does =0 do ?

Richard, A little known fact is that if you "punctuate" a number with any of the following characters ,./-: you will get a double on the stack in the old FIG Forth. so 123-4567 will put the double value 1234567 on the stack. So why doesn't 0= get (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Release 2.0 of lejos

Hi all, I haven't tried this version now but want to ask first whether it will work on USB interface on Linux!? Laurence (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  What does =0 do ?

Hi, While entering a program last night, I typed =0 instead of 0=, and the interpreter accepted it; it took me quite a while to work out why my program wasn't working properly. =0 does not seem to be a word (ie ' =0 results in the "not found" error) (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: LabView Books

I think TUFTS has some of the best material on Robolab. The following URL is to a download section that contains Robolab patches, articles, presentations, and a Robolab reference guide: (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Release 2.0 of lejos

Hi Paul, Fantastic! I just loaded a program and it reported 8280 bytes free compared with 7772 in version 1.05. Great work. Roger (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  RE: LNPD and Cygwin

Actually, last night, I was able to get .NET talking to the IR tower, and have a method for (most of the time) reading an LNP packet, but not processing. If I tidy up the code, would anyone be interested in it? Matt -----Original Message----- From: (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LabView Books

(...) To learn LabVIEW in RoboLab, see "LabVIEW Components" aka "The LabVIEW Engine behind ROBOLAB" at (URL) Programming Features" at (URL) documents at (URL) learn RoboLab generally, see (URL) learn LabVIEW beyond RoboLab, see www.ni.com/labview (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: LNPD and Cygwin

4 weeks ago (26-Jun-02) i offered a port of liblnp for windows where the daemon lnpd still has to run under linux, but at least clients can run under windooze. but nobody answered to that message. porting lnpd to windows is hard, because for (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: leJOS 2.0 (Java) for the RCX

(...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Release 2.0 of lejos

This is a major release of lejos that includes: - Extensive and flexible support for RCX comms and networking. Giving you various levels of reliability and addressability. The protocol stacks are implemented in Java and a framework is provided to (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Running legOS under DJGPP Status

(...) Ummm.... Ok. Your call :-) But if the necessary porting turns out to be harder than expected, remember Cygwin. Max. (22 years ago, 21-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Running legOS under DJGPP Status

(...) This whole thread is about using legOS under DJGPP, not Cygwin. I really don't know why, but some people, me included, like DOS better. (22 years ago, 21-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Running legOS under DJGPP Status

(...) What about using Cygwin instead of DJGPP ? Max. (22 years ago, 21-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  LNPD and Cygwin

Is it possible to build and use LNPD under cygwin? None of the windows implementations of LNP really fit my needs (WinLNP might, if it would ever work) And if it is possible to build it, how? I attempted to and just ended up with build errors about (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: lnp on alternate microcontrollers

I'm very interested in this as well. I hope to work on it this winter, when I spend my free time on legos and computers instead of boating and playing sports. I've ordered a couple Hitachi h8 series microcontrollers and developer kits. If anyone (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: new name

When I checked last, getting a trademark on a name costed (I believe) about $45. Just my 2 cents Matt -----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...ugnet.com] On Behalf Of Frank Carney Sent: Saturday, July 20, 2002 (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Running legOS under DJGPP Status

(...) If it helps, I got binutils to compile by using the --disable-bfd-assembler option to configure. Then I ran into gcc troubles. I just gave up and bought Linux. dll and firmdl3 will need major rewrites because DJGPP has no tty functionality. A (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  re: new name

You might consider getting a trademark so that not even lego can say anything to us about the name. Is this an expensive prospect? How about a superfund for it? Probably would want to get it in the names of all the major authors. Frank (22 years ago, 20-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  lnp on alternate microcontrollers

Has anyone tackled putting lnp on a non-lego microcontroller? This would be an interesting project. Frank (22 years ago, 20-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: XP vs USB Tower and BrixCC

This problem is solved. Brixcc thought my modem was a serial tower. "Bob Fay" <rfay@attbi.com> wrote in message news:GzIzFH.96G@lugnet.com... (...) Arg! (22 years ago, 20-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Aborting from ISR

(...) Hi, the nice thing in this solution is that it doesn't inspect or touch the user return stack at all. The structures that are used to get to the FIP (instruction pointer) - namely: the position of the saved D-stack in the *private* R-stack and (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Aborting from ISR

Hi, (...) Yup, that does what I want, although I can't remember enough about forth internals to work out why it works. But it does seem to depend on the return stack having a particular structure, so I do wonder - what happens if the interrupt (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: XP vs USB Tower and BrixCC

"Bob Fay" <rfay@attbi.com> wrote in message news:GzIyn4.71H@lugnet.com... (...) Now this is blowing my mind. If I open two applications of Brixcc, the second works fine with the tower. The first will not turn on the tower. Arg! -- Bob Fay THE SHOP (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: XP vs USB Tower and BrixCC

"Rob Doucette" <lego@nospam.doucettenet.com> wrote in message news:GzIx1o.3wL@lugnet.com... (...) mine (...) will check it again. (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: XP vs USB Tower and BrixCC

(...) Have you tried installing the SDK 2.0? (URL) had to do that on my W2K laptop in order to get the USB Tower to work. -Rob. (22 years ago, 20-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  XP vs USB Tower and BrixCC

Does BrixCC support the USB tower in Windows XP? I cannot seem to make mine work. I have reinstalled the program, but to no avail. Any ideas? -- Bob Fay THE SHOP (URL) (22 years ago, 20-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Re: Scheduler patch

Nice to see that someone is so involved in BrickOS like you are. Just don't go dissapear. /Joel (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  *** legOS new name: And the winner is... ***

It is over now. There is a clear winner. The votes with the following phrases for osmOS are as follows: Too late for brickfest obscured by clouds since the open source alchemie... lbDPL cos' the brick is thick fischkopp more things considered next (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: Aborting from ISR

(...) Alex, I'll have a good look at this and then post an article. I have a funny feeling you're doing it the hard way, but that's because I know the insides of the patient better than you do - I am Dr Frankenforth after all! Oh, and sorry for the (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  RE: Lazy newbieish question

(...) Matt, I see this all the time when I teach embedded C programming to desktop guys - it's an objectification of things at the wrong level. Maybe you could consider this: (setup-light-sensor 'PORT2) which expands to 3 1 SENSOR_TYPE 128 1 (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Lazy newbieish question

If I wasn't in a hurry with so many things to do in the next two days, I would figure this out for myself. My apologies for such a simple question. We're wrapping a lot sensor input stuff at a higher level of abstraction than the raw pbForth words. (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Aborting from ISR

It works! (after countless crashes and firmwire reloads that is ... :) By modifying the saved Instruction Pointer to point to a memory area which in turn contains the address of an "abort word", on the next execution of a word (either inside a (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: is it possible to remove lnp_handler while running ?

Have you tried the 0.2.6.05 ?? I remember something in this area while I was debugging RCX message passing. There is a different semaphone for the xmit buffer separate from the transmitter (TX) in 0.2.6.05 that was not so in 0.2.6 The very latest (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: is it possible to remove lnp_handler while running ?

no..wait.. im fairly sertain that i did have a context shift while in lnp_addressing_write..after all .could that be why it never returns ? Falco, i tried looking at your thread safe example in emulegos, but im afraid i didnt understand much of (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Lejos discussion archives

(...) Hi Jürgen Thanks for the link. It is not only up to date, but the search function actually works. Perhaps the lejos.sourceforge.net web site could be modified to use it instead of Geocrawler. Roger (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: is it possible to remove lnp_handler while running ?

heh.. tried that.. no luck :( sigh..after yet a couple of hours trying to figgure this out, im 99,99% sure that the problem is in lnp_addressing_write. could this be that the function is not thread safe ? but then again i have protected the function (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Lejos discussion archives

(...) Could be, I see the same. (...) I don't think so. You could use the sourceforge archive at (URL) Jürgen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr> (URL) (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: is it possible to remove lnp_handler while running ?

"kenneth johansen" <kennethj@stud.cs.uit.no> wrote in message news:3D343FAA.172476....uit.no... (...) I imagine you could just do something like lnp_addressing_set_handler( PORT, (lnp_addressing_handler_t) NULL ); I'm also curious as to why (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Announcing BricxCC release 3.3.5.7

I've just uploaded another revision of BricxCC (version 3.3.5.7). This release removes the 2.0 SDK DLLs since I do not have a license to redistribute those DLLs. This release fixes more Graphing issues. Users can optionally have the graph maintain (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  is it possible to remove lnp_handler while running ?

another dumb question about lnp:) i was wondering if it possible to do something like lnp_addressing_remov...,handler); as opposed to lnp_addressing_set_h...,handler); after much debugging i think i have traced my problem to the fact that (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Re: Scheduler patch

I have been thinking (and toying with some ideas) concerning tthe wakeup checking. It might be possible to do wakeup checking more often then between each timeslice. This would make msleep more accurate and provide better sensor handling. I know (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Re: Scheduler patch

(...) Yea you're right. I wasn't thinking. /Joel (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Breaking from infinite loops

(...) Hi, if you just want to stop your "own" program use the Forth word ABORT or ABORT" : TEST 1000 0 DO \ do something run-button-down? ABORT" Aborted by user!" LOOP ; or if you want what looks like a "reset" use COLD: run-button-down? IF (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Aborting from ISR

Ah I see... intriguing idea :) Rereading your original post it should have been quite clear what you wanted. Unfortunately (as far as I know) Mario is right, there doesn't seem to be a clean solution other than manipulating the return stack. I've (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Breaking from infinite loops

This feels vaguely similar to a question just recently posed, almost. I need a way to get out of a user program that intentionally defines an infinite loop. My best attempt so far at an exit word : exit POWER_OFF LCD_4TH LCD_REFRESH ; in the context (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: detecting memory leaks

I've been experimenting with memory leak detection in the wake of recent discussions, and have some additional thoughts, including a potential kernel patch issue. This msg is a bit long, appologies. The proposed method of checking for memory leaks (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Lejos discussion archives

The last message I find is dated July 7,2002 using the link (URL) there a problem with geocrawler? or is my link out of date? Roger (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Aborting from ISR

(...) I see. Tired of re-booting hey? :o)) There's no way already available that I know of. I think that Mr. Hempel is looking into this. Maybe if we play with the return stack... (...) The way Forth works is that it is running the program. If you (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Light sensor question

Hi Matt, I'll try to help. :o) First, you have to specify the type of sensor that is hooked on the port. You do that with: type port SENSOR_TYPE Let me know if you need to know the different values for 'type'. 3 is a light sensor. Ports are numbered (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Aborting from ISR

Hi, (...) My questions were a bit ambiguous. I don't want to abort the routine running on the ISR; I want (from the ISR routine) to abort a currently running user routine - eg abort something started from the console. So, for example, if a program (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Light sensor question

(...) With obvious mappings, of course. (...) Put another way, at no point does the red LED on the light sensor light up, and I consistently read the same value from the light sensor, regardless of whether I set the mode to RAW or percent value. In (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  yet another question about lnp

thanx to mark falco and albert huang for helping me out with lnp_init. But now i have another problem. if i execute lnp_addressing_write at approximately the same time as i recieve data on the serial port, lnp_addressing_write does not return.. the (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: whats up with lnp_init?

(...) I ran into this when using the LNP library to emulate LNP in the RCX as part of emuLegOS (URL) emuLegOS contains a thread safe wrapper for the LNP library. It should be fairly simple to extract that code into your own library for use in non (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Light sensor question

  Re: whats up with lnp_init?

"kenneth johansen" <kennethj@stud.cs.uit.no> wrote in message news:3D31CF01.37F981....uit.no... (...) Kenneth, I'm not sure if I remember correctly, but lnpd as it is right now might not fare so well with reentrant code (i.e. pthreads) because the (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: RCX to RCX communication

"Luke Ma" <Luke_Ma@brown.edu> wrote in message news:Gz83nF.7D9@lugnet.com... (...) and (...) outputs. (...) eep. erm... we never posted RCX-RCX sample code up. never gave any of the students two bricks. and the LNP code up on our website has our own (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Aborting from ISR

(...) This should be : IsISRFree? 'UserISR ['] NoOp = ; of course. (22 years ago, 14-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Aborting from ISR

(...) To remove your program from the UserISR just set 'UserISR to ['] NoOp - or even better: to the previously stored old value. (...) Yes, you just have to read the current value of 'UserISR. If no other program is hooked to the ISR this is the (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Running legOS under DJGPP Status

With increase discussion about running legOS under DJGPP I started investigating this process. The following is a status report of where I am and the steps I took to get there. Beware that I have jumped around some, left some tasks unfinished, and (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  whats up with lnp_init?

i have 2 threads (pthreads), 1 that sends and 1 that recieves on my PC. both of these runs in while(1) sentences. so.. i thought lnp_init was to be run only once, but unless i run the lnp_init routine each time i want to send a message nothing get (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Aborting from ISR

Hi, Is there any way of ABORTing the current program from the ISR ? I want to attach a routine to 'UserISR and have it ABORT and then execute POWER_OFF when the off/on button is pressed. I would also like to know whether a user program or the idle (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  *** legOS new name - reminder ***

What is the better name for legOS? Is it osmOS or brickOS? Make up your mind and send your vote, either for brickOS or for osmOS, with the usual identification phrase, to legOS-namepoll@gmx.de The last day for your vote is Thursday, 18th. Regards, (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: RCX to RCX communication

(...) Mark, I was a TA(Teaching Assistant) for a course at Brown University that invovled building robots with the mindstorms kit. Go to the web site: (URL) and click on the link to take you to the normal page. Then go to the "LegOS" section fo the (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RCX to RCX communication

I have studied the sources on the WEB for LNP but have not found any examples of C or C++ code for RCX to RCX communication. I have two RCXs and would like to build something that takes advantage of 6 inputs and 6 outputs. Do you have a sample you (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Announcing BricxCC release 3.3.5.6

(...) I wanted to publicly thank Rob Doucette for reporting the Access Violation bug and for helping me track down where it was occurring. I'd never have fixed it without his help. A big thank you also goes to David Schilling for reported the (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  Re: detecting memory leaks

In case anyone attempts to use the mm_defrag() posted previously... you will need the following update to mm_try_join() //! check for free blocks after this one and join them if possible /* \param ptr pointer to size field of current block \return (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: detecting memory leaks

Jason, Excellent points! I like where this is going. "Jason Clark" wrote <snip> (...) See below. (...) then (...) Yes, it uses mm_try_join() --- here it is: //! defragment free blocks /*! use mm_try_join on each free block of memory */ void (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: detecting memory leaks

(...) Please, post. (...) I'm guessing you defrag using mm_try_join()? malloc() uses this to defrag the beginning of the pool until it finds a big enough block (which can then be split again if its too big); Defragging during idle would save this (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Announcing BricxCC release 3.3.5.6

(...) I was updating the website earlier today which may have caused some disruption. The link worked for me a few minutes ago. This is as good a time as any to post about my new release of BricxCC. Version 3.3.5.6 fixes an Access Violation during (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  Re: anyone know how to check free space on RCX?

(...) Thanks for conducting the test... being 200+ miles away from my RCX this was bugging me :). My sources (gcc-2.95.2) have the same #define... but with the following about 120 lines earlier: /* Make int's 32 bits. */ #define TARGET_INT32 (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: anyone know how to check free space on RCX?

John A. Tamplin, Jason Clark, Jochen Hoenicke and Michael J Ash: Thank you all for addressing these issues! It all make sense after reading the preceeding messages. I appologize for causing confusion. I am glad, however, to get it straight. ??So (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact