 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 545
Re: Aborting from ISR
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 23:54:07 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, Richard Lucock writes:

My questions were a bit ambiguous. I don't want to abort the routine
running on the ISR; I want (from the ISR routine) to abort a currently running
user routine - eg abort something started from the console. So, for example,
if a program goes into an infinite loop, it can be aborted with a button press.

I see. Tired of re-booting hey? :o))
There's no way already available that I know of. I think that Mr. Hempel is
looking into this. Maybe if we play with the return stack...

Here, I want to find out if the forth interpreter is just sitting
waiting for input (ie is in the idle loop) or is actually running a program,
so that an ISR routine triggered by a button press can do different things
in the two situations.

The way Forth works is that it is running the program. If you want to
interact with it, you have to code it in your program with, for example
'UserISR or another way.

Hope this helps.

Bye

Mario