 Robotics / RCX / 1741
1740  |  1742
Subject:
Announcing BricxCC release 3.3.5.6
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.scout
Date:
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 21:24:31 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, John Barnes writes:
Does anyone know what's up with;

http://members.aol.com/johnbinder/bricxcc.htm

I need the latest download, and I can't even get into the site.

If anyone has the latest download, please email me privately.

I was updating the website earlier today which may have caused some
disruption.  The link worked for me a few minutes ago.

This is as good a time as any to post about my new release of BricxCC.

Version 3.3.5.6 fixes an Access Violation during the initialization of
BricxCC when it tried to upgrade its registry settings from a 3.2 release of
BricxCC or a 3.2 release of RcxCC.  If you ever tried running BricxCC and it
immediately died with an Access Violation this release will probably fix
your problem.

This release also fixes problems with the Watch window graphing capability
where if you unchecked a watched item the data in the graph would bunch at
either end of the horizontal axis.  That works much better now.

This release also fixes problems with the Include path passed to NQC.  It
now allows you to specify a set of directories (semi-colon separated) in the
Preferences dialog.  This value is correctly broken into multiple -I"path"
command-line parameters when passed to NQC.

The biggest change in this release, however, is support for
syntax-highlighting of MindScript and LASM.  MindScript programs are also
supported in the Code Explorer window (the new Macros node in the Code
Explorer tree is always empty when editing an NQC file).  And you can
compile and download MindScript and LASM programs via the same mechanism as
with NQC.  I've written a command-line compiler wrapper around the
VPBCOM.DLL that TLC has made available in their RCX 2.0 SDK.  The 3.3.5.6
installer will install and register this DLL as well as its associated DLLs
(which must reside in a subdirectory called VPBrick1 below the location of
VPBCOM.DLL).

While MindScript and LASM don't begin to compare with NQC (imho), I think
adding support for these programming languages in BricxCC has been a
worthwhile and rewarding project.  Mostly, of course, because doing so in
Delphi was a breeze!

Of course, I am *very* interested in hearing your opinions on the matter. :-)

John Hansen
http://members.aol.com/johnbinder/bricxcc.htm

P.S.  Could someone update the link on the news.lugnet.com/robotics/nqc page?