 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2758
2757  |  2759
Subject:
legOS and Windows
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 18:26:21 GMT

Hello to all,

I'm new here, I finally decided to play a bit with legOS (was only using NQC
until now).
After reading all the posts describing problems with installing it under
Windows, I am happy to say that everything works without too many problems.
I first installed everything (with legOS-0.2.4) following the HOWTO on a
clean W2K machine and everything worked just fine, including the USB tower.
Then I installed again on my other W2K desktop, where everything is
different (no C: drive, CygWin already installed on D:).
Creating some symbolic links everything again worked fine with 0.2.4
Then I tried 0.2.6 and had a problem with the various MAKE-processes
(/bin/sh note found).
I noticed the line
SHELL = /bin/sh
in the make file, changed it to
SHELL = sh
(it is in the path, but with CygWin definitely not in /bin/) and
everything worked flawlessly!

Ok, I have some experience with Linux, CygWin and C programming, so it was
not all new to me, but the whole installation was certainly easier than I
expected it to be :-)

Now I'm just looking for some nice examples of code, possibly a bit more
complicated than the ones included with the package. Any ideas where to
look?

Thanks from a legOS (brickOS?) newcomer

Niels Horn