 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2732
Re: whats up with lnp_init?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 16:12:42 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Kenneth Johansen writes:
i have 2 threads (pthreads), 1 that sends and 1 that recieves on my PC.
both of these runs in while(1) sentences.
so.. i thought lnp_init was to be run only once, but unless i run the
lnp_init routine each time i want to send a message nothing get sent!?
whats up with that ?
anyone have any ideas ??

I ran into this when using the LNP library to emulate LNP in the RCX as part of
emuLegOS http://emulegos.sourceforge.net.  emuLegOS contains a thread safe
wrapper for the LNP library.  It
should be fairly simple to extract that code into your own library for use in
non emulegOS code.

Just search for "#if EMU_LNP_SUPPORT" in emuLegOs.cpp, this is the start of the
wrapper functions.

mark