 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2740
Re: is it possible to remove lnp_handler while running ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 17:59:25 GMT

no..wait.. im fairly sertain that i did have a context shift while in
lnp_addressing_write..after all .could that be why it never returns ?

Falco, i tried looking at your thread safe example in emulegos, but im
afraid i didnt understand much of it.....

ill do my best to se if i can create a thread safe lnp_addressing_write
function.. but im not sure if im up to the task :(

if anyone here knows how to do this id really appriciate the help

regards
kenneth johansen
kennethj@stud.cs.uit.no

Albert Huang wrote:

"kenneth johansen" <kennethj@stud.cs.uit.no> wrote in message
another dumb question about lnp:)

i was wondering if it possible to do something like
lnp_addressing_remove_handler(PORT,handler);
as opposed to lnp_addressing_set_handler(PORT,handler);

after much debugging i think i have traced my problem to the fact that
lnp_addressing_write hangs if i recieve a message at the same time as i
try to send.

so i kinda wondered if theres any way to remove the handler for a while
and then set it again.

anyone know ?

regards
kenneth johansen
kennethj@stud.cs.uit.no

I imagine you could just do something like

lnp_addressing_set_handler( PORT,  (lnp_addressing_handler_t) NULL );

I'm also curious as to why lnp_addressing_write hangs for you... I don't
remember ever having problems with two bricks reading and writing
concurrently.