 Robotics / RCX / Java / 195
Re: Release 2.0 of lejos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.java
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 09:42:31 GMT

Hi all,

I haven't tried this version now but want to ask first whether it will work on USB
interface on Linux!?

Laurence

Roger Glassey wrote:

Hi Paul,
Fantastic!   I just loaded a program and it reported 8280 bytes free
compared with 7772 in version 1.05.
Great work.
Roger

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, Paul Andrews writes:
This is a major release of lejos that includes:

- Extensive and flexible support for RCX comms and networking. Giving you
various levels of reliability and addressability. The protocol stacks are
implemented in Java and a framework is provided to allow you to implement
your own protocols. Interoperability with legos' LNP is provided.

- Greatly enhanced memory management making your applications smaller,
giving them more heap and removing arbitrary restrictions on recursion depth.

- Much faster trig functions.

- USB support for OS/X

Many thanks to everyone for the hard work put in on this release.