 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 556
RE: What does =0 do ?
Newsgroups:
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 13:52:16 GMT

From a quick reading of the code, it looks like ANY non-digit

Cheers, Ralph

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com]On Behalf
Of Richard Lucock
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2002 5:08 AM
To: lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth@lugnet.com
Subject: What does =0 do ?

Hi,
While entering a program last night, I typed =0 instead of 0=, and the
interpreter accepted it; it took me quite a while to work out why my program
wasn't working properly. =0 does not seem to be a word (ie ' =0 results in the
"not found" error) so why does it get accepted, and what is it doing ? (I end
up with 60 on the stack after executing this word, although I didn't
investigate what else it was doing).

Cheers,
Richard