 Robotics / RCX / Java / 200
Re: Any substitute to the default lego serial cable!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.java
Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 17:38:57 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, Laurence K.W. Yip writes:
Hi! Paul,
|More, sorry for a stupid question but I'd like to ask is 'null modem cable' ?=

|'laplink cable', will their pin assignments be equal or not?
Is the pin assignment indicated in the RCX internal  universal or just
specified for lego serial tower?

Its a universal cable. Just about any null modem cable would do, but not all
cables are null modem.

Try using lejosfirmdl and see what it says.

|Finally, I'm interested in making the mindstorms robot as telerobot using
lejos
|on linux, I want to ask whether using IR serial tower is the only way to run
lejos on
|linux? (I hope this question won't make you get confused!)

That's right.