 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2726
Re: RCX to RCX communication
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 05:09:15 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Mark Sackett writes:
I have studied the sources on the WEB for LNP but have not found any
examples of C or C++ code for RCX to RCX communication.  I have two RCXs and
would like to build something that takes advantage of 6 inputs and 6 outputs.

Do you have a sample you would be willing to share?

Thanks,
Mark

Mark,
  I was a TA(Teaching Assistant) for a course at Brown University that
invovled building robots with the mindstorms kit.  Go to the web site:
http://www.cs.brown.edu/courses/cs148 and click on the link to take you to
the normal page.  Then go to the "LegOS" section fo the page, look under the
in depth how to and go to networking.  I suspect this tells you a lot of
what you already know though.
   I have also written code myself for RCX to RCX communication.  How far
have you gotten?  Have you sent messages back and forth between RCX's yet?
Have you set up an ir signal handler to process incoming signals?
   Sending signals are the easy part, since you just, well, send.  Setting
up the receiver is a bit harder since you have to make sense of the data
stream that comes through, switch it, and then set something in motion,
whether it be through starting/killing a thread, or setting flag or
something else.  Let me know which specific part you want help with and
maybe I can send you relevant parts of my code.
Luke