 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 61
Re: Edmonton Train Show - Intermodal Containers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 16:55:50 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, John Koob writes:
SRC wrote in message ...
I was planning to bring it populated.  I'll only bring
yellow so that we know the other colors are yours.

Hmmm, adding simple labels to the bottom of cars could
indicate the owner...

Yes, but simple labels often simply come off...   :-)

The engine & 3/4 car can act as a supplemental container transport
within the yard, or just be left aside as a spare.  "Better to have
it and not need it, than to need it and not have it" I always say.

Good idea.  I think I remember seeing your yellow cars a while ago.  Not bad!

Here's a suggestion:  Bring *extra* containers, even
if we just stack them in the yard.  Build some more if you can.
We probably should have more containers than cars, right?
IMO, it would look more impressive if we have a yard nearly
full of stacked containers than a yard that's nearly empty.

My supply of tiles and plates is limited, so I don't know how many
containers I can bring, but your suggestion gives me an idea for a
better version of my idea from this morning.  ALL of us (since there
are about as many LEGO colors as NALug members) can bring containers
to the show by following my "color banding" idea as follows:

1. The color of plates, tiles, and "end doors" are not considered.
2. Michel rebuilds a few of his containers as required so that they
all have a uniform color from end to end - Michel's "color" is "mirror".
3. My color is yellow.  Others post their chosen color here in the thread.
4. We build containers with our color as a "band".  The color bands are
one or two thick, and are either at the end of the container, or one in
from the end, like the "ideal" in the 4549 (right side) instructions.
http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/4000/4549/4549-02.html   This example
container would indicate "Red" was the owner.
5. The bricks (or thin walls if you're fortunate enough to have them)
comprising the remainder of the walls are of a uniform color, different
from the band color. (Except for Michel's containers of course.)
6. The same rules apply to double size containers as regular size.
7. We build as close to 4549 as we can, but keep in mind that even a
container without any plates or tiles at all would still help fill up
the container port.  We could have hundreds of containers, but just
transfer the same "tiled" dozen or so back and forth to/from the trains.

If anyone would like to donate any plates, tiles, etc. to the Yellow
Container Corp., please contact the president at the address above.  8-)

SRC