 Organizations / Canada / 18
Re: Edmonton Train Show Sept. 23 & 24
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 00:12:21 GMT

In reply, John Koob wrote:
Michel Magnan wrote:
I could also build a relatively larger warehouse with a loading dock
that fits your cargo-hauling semis.  How much room would be available?

As the photo I sent shows, there is not a lot of room left to expand the
intermodal station.  But someone at the meeting was thinking of automating a
crane that picks up and moves the boxes, we would have to fit something like
that no matter what.  We should keep some goodies for next year when they
will likely give us more space!

Agreed.  Automating the station would be better.  I may not have time
to build the warehouse either...

I wasn't sure about putting plates under everything.  When plates are placed
under the train track curves, it is tricky to stick them together, and would
mean quite a bit more time setting up.

We could just lay the track on the plates without sticking either the
straights or the curves to the plates.  I saw this done on the photos
of one of the US train clubs.

I thought placing the roads strategically would suffice.  When we do the
trial run in St Paul, everyone could bring their road plates (name labels
on the back) and we could see how it looks.

Yes, this would work too.  IMO, scattered road plates don't really work,
but if there is an short road or two, it would look more completed.

I was hoping to repaint the tops of my tables Lego green before the show,
maybe some should be grey?  Of course one will be blue for the river.

That would be great.  Dark green paint would work well,
and so could grey.  Are you going to try to match the paint color?

John