 Organizations / Canada / 24
Re: Edmonton Train Show Sept. 23 & 24
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 00:37:28 GMT

On Wednesday, August 09, 2000 5:08 PM Michel Magnan wrote:

I'll definitely be there!  You can schedule me for whenever on Sat./Sun.
except the first 1/2 of Sunday (since I'll be at church) and of course
I'll be there on Friday/Sunday to setup/dismantle my monorail and help
with the rest.  I have track, etc. I can bring, but I'm guessing I only
need to bring the necessary monorail parts?

With respect to the monorail, although I have track and the 6399
international shuttle, I was hoping Steve would take care of the entire
monorail thing, so that I could focus on the rest.   I recall from the
show I attended in Seattle that the monorail was quite labor intensive
to set up, in fact it was the last thing to be finished.  What do you
have to raise the track a bit Steve?  Clearance over the track is pretty
tight the way it was designed, (when you come to St Paul, remind me to
set up a trial section and run all the locomotives underneath) if you
need them I could supply a whole bunch of red Duplo 2x2s.
As far as 9V train track is concerned, I have everything I need, except
for possibly crossovers, I now have two, and that should be enough unless
we change the layout dramatically.

Is there a "Train Show" website with official hours, address, etc. that
we can direct people to when we e-mail them to make sure they don't miss
out on what should be a great show?
That reminds me - shouldn't we be posting these on the newsgroup
(in NALug or Canada or Trains) instead of just our e-mailing list?

I will be posting to LUGnet all the details about date and address fairly
shortly. I thought cross posting to Lugnet Canada/Alberta/Trains/
Organizations/Announcements should cover it.  Any other suggestions,
should I post to RTL as well, does anyone still read that?  I have had
someone from Calgary ask me about the dates and location already, since
I posted to Lugnet trains asking for information on skirting, barriers
and plexiglass, very interesting replies, if anyone is interested.
They don't have a website, as it is only a small club organizing this.
The show isn't really that big, they told me that there will be 10
operating displays, of which ours will be one, and 3 static displays.
The rest of the space is for retailers, and swap tables.
Michel