 Organizations / Canada / 25
Re: Edmonton Train Show Bridge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 00:46:51 GMT

On Wednesday, August 09, 2000 5:37 PM Michel Magnan wrote:

I already have a bridge, single track, out of black technic
and grey plates.  If you want to make another, we could
have a different one Saturday from Sunday.  It has to span
30 inches, supported only by the ends.  (I hope to make a
special table/legs for the river, but haven't gotten around to it,

Doesn't seem logical to me to have a different one Sat./Sun.

With respect to changing the layout each day, I just didn't want to put
anyone off.  You would be surprised at how little room there is for
structures when the space is filled up with track.  It would probably be
best to add different bridges in future year(s).

Do you have a photo you can e-mail that would give me an
idea of what your bridge is like?  I'm guessing along the
lines of something that would carry the train from one table
to another over empty air, or a lowered portion painted blue.

With respect to the bridge, it is modeled after the PNLTC one shown in
this image http://www.pnltc.org/imgGATS_OR_97_Thomas_KidsArea.jpg
It only has one train track and it is only 30 inches long.  John Koob
has my only photo of it, he offered before to scan it, he might be able
to forward an image to you, pretty please John!

At this time, it just carries the trains over open air, but I hope to build
a 30x30 inch table dropping it about 8-10 inches from the others, so as to
make a river/harbor.  I would paint that one blue, when I refinish my
current tables into green.

I'm guessing we provide our own tables to fill the assigned
area?  People walk on all sides, or just front/back?

It might be best to have some of this discussion on Lugnet, where messages
are archived, and can be referred to, rather than repeating everything.
Any comments? Steve missed some of this information in the past as he wasn't
on our mailing list at the time.  I already have 3 sets of tables built
along PNLTC criteria.  http://www.pnltc.org/Modular_Table.html  Three 60x60
inches and 3 30x30 inches.  I have started to cut the wood for another 2
sets of tables, but the lumberyard ran out of 3/8" plywood, hopefully by the
weekend, I'll be able to assemble them, and paint them next week.
The organizers told me that we were allowed a 2 foot roped off area around
the 90x120 inch display.  Presumably people can access the layout from all
sides.

I've downloaded the new track designer, but haven't tried
it on my system yet (I'm running NT

Steve, don't install track designer until you have some free time, it is
really neat and a bit addictive at first!
Michel