 Organizations / Canada / 16
Re: Edmonton Train Show Sept. 23 & 24
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 00:02:16 GMT

An hour later, Michel Magnan wrote:

Michel's loaned me his grain elevator so that I can mechanize it.
Great job, Michel. I've not decided yet on the method I'll use for
mechanization. I will try to get it done in the next two weeks.

It was great that your parents could pick it up on their way to Edmonton.
Your parents are sort of like mine when it comes to AFOLs, your dad said
something like, you are another one of those adults who plays with Lego!
Thanks for the comment on the elevator, as you saw, I still have to finish the
hip roof on the loading bay, and build a few grain trucks. I think a decal in
white or black with the name PIONEER on one of the walls would finish it off
nicely.

I could also build a relatively larger warehouse with a loading dock that
fits your cargo-hauling semis. I could use the rolling garage doors that
I have for the loading bays. I have four of these with sections in red,
black, blue and clear, but I'm not sure what color combination to use.
Maybe I'll mix and match and only make two or three bays. How much room
would be available?

As the photo I sent shows, there is not a lot of room left to expand the
intermodal station. But someone at the meeting was thinking of automating a
crane that picks up and moves the boxes, we would have to fit something like
that no matter what. We should keep some goodies for next year when they will
likely give us more space!

Also, do we plan on covering most or all of the tables with baseplates?
If some of the buildings are on plates, and the spaces between buildings
are not, then that could look a bit ridiculous. I have a bunch of those
extra large grey baseplates and I'm thinking of getting more. I could
contribute all of these for ground cover... I also have the old style
straight grey road plates and some T-plates that could fit with your
existing plates. If you're interested, maybe see if some road could
be added in using that track designer program.

I wasn't sure about putting plates under everything. When plates are placed
under the train track curves, it is tricky to stick them together, and would
mean quite a bit more time setting up. I thought placing the roads
strategically would suffice. When we do the trial run in St Paul, everyone
could bring their road plates (name labels on the back) and we could see how
it looks. I was hoping to repaint the tops of my tables Lego green before the
show, maybe some should be grey? Of course one will be blue for the river.

Michel also included some photos of his layout so far.
If anyone wants to see them, I could make some scans...

That would be great John. I had brought them to a 1 hour place before the
meeting, but I got there after they closed on Sunday, so I couldn't bring them
to the meeting.
Michel