 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 56
Re: NALUG domain
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 17:47:23 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, Chris Gray writes:
Perhaps an ideal solution would be to have a small amount of space on an
ISP that has the facilities to properly support multiple domain names, and
then just have most of the pages point off to the bulk space elsewhere.

If it's NALug.org, (the best, but onlikely since it's global) or
NALug.ca.org or NALug.ab.ca or whatever, it would still need to be hosted
somewhere.  Chris' is already occupied with GreySage, and mine is stuck
behind a firewall at work for the forseeable future.  If John were to
rename his Videon section NALug instead of Acme, or if Chris has a section
on Shaw, or if there is a better ISP place we could have a jump off page
hosted, the main/root/start address would be ISP/Plaza/NALug or something,
which would be a single welcome page with multiple links to wherever.
That way our site could expand without limit, yet appear to keep the
same address, and it wouldn't cost us anything extra.

SRC