 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 53
52  |  54
Subject:
NALUG domain
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 08:04:54 GMT

Chris Gray wrote in message ...
"SRC" <SteveRC@StarTrekMail.com> writes:

No Color Graphics Interface?  (That's the only CGI I'm familiar with)
I was thinking more of your "conditions of use" - ie. too much uploading.

It's one of those TLA's whose expansion I am continually forgetting. It
makes sense as "Computer Generated ...", but I don't think that's what

Common Gateway Interface

CGI scripts are written in Perl, which I am not fluent in.

Not the case here.  I've used Perl so much that I'm forgetting
how to speak C.

The ideal solution would be for each of us to have our own section
within a NALug site, such as BayLUG has done with their "Member Pages".
http://www.baylug.org/   Do we have plans along these lines?

I would have trouble paying for a NALUG site when I have essentially
unlimited free space on my own system. We looked into getting a domain
name (I think it was nalug.ab.ca), but were turned down by the CA
registrar because we couldn't demonstrate that we were a provincial
organization. We could likely get nalug.edmonton.ab.ca without too
much trouble. As far as I recall, there is nothing currently in the
works as far as a web site or a domain name.

I'd vote for nalug.edmonton.ab.ca for now, so at least we have something.
What are the fees for this?

Has anyone looked at something like www.nalug.org?
It's not taken, and registration fee with register.com is $35/yr.  I bet
that
there are geographic restrictions on the .org though.  Anyone?

If you have lots of space, why not?  If I could ssh to your box, I'd be
willing to
help out with web site stuff.

John