 Organizations / Canada / 22
Re: Edmonton Train Show Bridge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 00:25:55 GMT

Wednesday, August 09, 2000 12:55 PM Michel Magnan replied:

I have dozens and dozens of (all black!) Technic beams (4,8,16, etc.)
that I got from Auczilla to form my monorail spiral support structure.
I could make a (hopefully) great bridge for the show layout - similar
in style perhaps to those in the 7777 idea book. (Since I won't have
time to make the 7777 steam engine - hopefully for next year's show)
Michael - Do we even have room for a bridge and/or do you already
have it taken care of?

I already have a bridge, single track, out of black technic and grey plates.
If you want to make another, we could have a different one Saturday from
Sunday.  It has to span 30 inches, supported only by the ends.  (I hope to
make a special table/legs for the river, but haven't gotten around to it,
once I have one, then the bridge will be allowed central supports.)  One
idea that I have seen, but haven't had time to pursue, is an operating
cantilever bridge.  A few people have built some successfully in the past,
and I though it would be another way to incorporate automation into the
display.
Michel