 Organizations / Canada / 15
Re: Edmonton Train Show Sept. 23 & 24
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 23:52:41 GMT

On Wednesday, August 02, 2000 John Koob wrote:

I'll be there on Sunday Sep 24. I just realized that my brother's wedding is
on the same weekend (Friday/Saturday), and I'm Best Man. Not much choice
there... I will definitely be there on Sunday though and I'll help out with
dissassembly.

Michel's loaned me his grain elevator so that I can mechanize it.  Great job,
Michel. I've not decided yet on the method I'll use for mechanization. I will
try to get it done in the next two weeks.

I could also build a relatively larger warehouse with a loading dock that fits
your cargo-hauling semis. I could use the rolling garage doors that I have for
the loading bays. I have four of these with sections in red, black, blue and
clear, but I'm not sure what color combination to use. Maybe I'll mix and
match and only make two or three bays. How much room would be available?

Also, do we plan on covering most or all of the tables with baseplates? If
some of the buildings are on plates, and the spaces between buildings are not,
then that could look a bit ridiculous. I have a bunch of those extra large
grey baseplates and I'm thinking of getting more. I could contribute all of
these for ground cover... I also have the old style straight grey road plates
and some T-plates that could fit with your existing plates. If you're
interested, maybe see if some road could be added in using that track designer
program.

Michel also included some photos of his layout so far.  If anyone wants to see
them, I could make some scans...

John