 Off-Topic / Geek / 3044
Re: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 03:20:03 GMT

"Matthew Gerber" <matthew@digitaliris.com> wrote in message
<pet-peeve>
Please leave the size of my browser window alone! I'll determine how
large I want the window to be. That is a very _rude_ bit of
javascript.
</pet-peeve>

In my mind, it all comes down to the designer's eye, what the creator • wants
to get across visually. I personally HATE either all of the extra space • left
on the right side of my screen when I go to a site that is designed • smaller
than the last one I was at, and HATE EVEN MORE having to constantly click
the expand box to get the full scope of a site that is bigger than the • last
one I was at. I'm constantly resizing the darn window, ya' know?

When I ran across this JavaScript, I thought "Hey! Now THAT'S useful!". So • I
used it. And so far, I'm happy with the results *as a designer*. Now, as
users, what do others think? Well, that's why I wrote this little rant. • What
do YOU think?

Resize my windows and I'll leave and never come back regardless of the
content.

If you hate blank space or having to change your window size, re-write your
pages to use all the available space, regardless of how much is available.

--
Mike
-----