 Off-Topic / Geek / 3039
Re: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sat, 19 May 2001 01:05:24 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Matthew Gerber writes:
To begin with, let me say a public apology to Larry for my last post. It was
uncalled for in a public forum, and a private apology has been sent.

Like I said before I was more confused by what you were trying to get at
than offended...

In deference to the overwhelming feedback here, I will remove the JavaScript
to re-size the browser window from the temporary site.

May I re-proffer my previous suggestion? Bring the user to a page that is a
starting point... then: Launch a new window with your size coded in but
leave the original one alone. Better yet, launch a confirm box asking the
user if it's OK to resize, and if the user says yes, go for it, but if not,
make sure you deal with displaying in the size the user has chosen.

I think these strike a good balance between leaving the user in charge and
also having control of the appearance but not permanently affecting the
user's session...

I will also, however, continue to persue ways to get my personal content
across to the masses in the format that makes me the most happy.

And so you should! We're all here to be happy, after all.

++Lar