 General / 30359
Re: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Sat, 19 May 2001 00:38:19 GMT

Here's my various opinions about the various subjects in this thread:

First, the fonts. I like them a lot ( except for the bionocle one-eww)! I
can't wait for more! And I defiantly can't wait for icons and other
desktop-like things...

About the window resizing, I feel that the designer should be able to
control the way they make their site look, but within certain bounds. Many,
MANY, people think it's VERY annoying to have their browser's windows
resized without their consent, including me. And I can't even resize it back
to the way I want it to be. When I follow links to other sites sometimes I
would like to maximize the window (which is how I like it) but the width is
fixed from this script so I can't max it, not something a designer should be
doing...

Only the second page actually did this- the first page didn't, it just left
some blank areas at the right, which is perfectly acceptable. I just
think it looks perfectly fine this way and there is no reason for it to be
different on the second page.

So in summary, the designer *can* (which doesn't mean they should) do
whatever they want to make their site look the way they want, but in the end
it's the surfer who decides how your site will look, if they even look at
it at all.

Hopefully you can take this constructive criticism and *not* include this
script in your final site, which, to me at least, promises to be a great
LEGO desktop site...

PS. Make sure to make Icons for Windows!

--Kyle
http://hvl.cjb.net
In lugnet.general, Matthew Gerber writes:
Hello LUGNET!

I am proud to announce that I have posted 3 LEGO inspired fonts to a new web
site my brother and I are developing. Please join us at Brick'n'Brack's
Extremely Temporary Website:

http://homepage.mac.com/bricknbrack.

There you will find:

-Brick'n'Brack, our signature font that lets you type in long bricks

-System, a font inspired by the LEGO System logo

-Mata Nui, a font featuring the language of Bionicle, including 10 Toa and
Bionicle dingbats, all made from scratch (VERY useful for the Bionicle Web
Site Contest!)

The pages there are just as they say...temporary. Our full site will be up
and running soon (I'm just way too impatient to wait to post the
fonts...hey, I worked really hard on them, ya' know?).

I hope you all enjoy our work!

Matt