 Off-Topic / Geek / 3037
Re: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sat, 19 May 2001 00:13:39 GMT

To begin with, let me say a public apology to Larry for my last post. It was
uncalled for in a public forum, and a private apology has been sent.

Now, I have seen some excellent and not so excellent points here, but what
James writes strikes me as the most poignant:

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, James Simpson writes:

Personally, I made a conscious decision to check out your site out of >interest and support for a fellow AFOL.  Its a trust relationship between >developer and user.  You abuse my trust when you invite me into your >domain and then monkey with my web browser.

I must concur with James, that it comes down to a trust issue in this type
of environment (LUGNET members, shared interest, etc.).

However, I still must champion the content provider's want/need/desire to
share their message, and have their message viewed in the way they want it
to be seen though. There has been a lot if information generated on "who the
Web caters too/is for" and I believe self-expression vs. user comfort will
always be an argument to be hashed out by the pundits. But not by me, and
not here.

In deference to the overwhelming feedback here, I will remove the JavaScript
to re-size the browser window from the temporary site.

I will also, however, continue to persue ways to get my personal content
across to the masses in the format that makes me the most happy.

Matt