 Off-Topic / Fun / 6920
Re: Music while building
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 13:32:26 GMT

Scott E. Sanburn wrote:
The main reason I got the 400 disc changer was my Best • list, my collection
of music, whenever i had a new version I recorded on • Minidisc, I am up to
version 14 now, I had a 3 disc changer, and it got so • annoying changing
discs all the time. With this plugged into my Minidisc • recorder, i can just
program the CD, the track, and never have to touch
CD's.

I've thought about getting a big changer for this reason.
The problem I
have is that my collection is something like 800 CDs. I'm
also concerned
how long the player will last. I was replacing portable
CD players every
few years (and right now I'm using my CD-ROM drive at
work) because they
would start having trouble with CDs (I've also noticed
the quality of
players is dropping, the newer players more often had
troubles with
CDs). My 5 disc changer is starting to have trouble with
a lot of my
CDs. Has anyone had a 50+ CD changer that they've run
solidly for
several years and have a feel for reliability?

Well, I just got mine in September, but it has been running
fine so far. It is a Sony, a brand which I have had little
trouble with so far. We shall see how long it lasts. It is
so convenient, I could buy another one if it does die
eventually.

Scott S.