 General / 28888
Re: Movies while building (was Re: Music while building)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 20:03:52 GMT

Funky.

I've done this with the Robotech tapes I have (which is only about the first
12 episodes, but they're supposed to be coming out on DVD soon...) and I was
going ot try it with a friend's Star Blazer's set, but I left them on the
train. D'oh! Not cheap to replace, mind you. :(

Evil Wayne

"There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

http://www.geocities.com/legomaniac70

In lugnet.general, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.general, John D. Forinash writes:

I often do not build to music. Dunno why, it seems like a completely
reasonable thing to do, and it's not like the computer's not sitting right
there ready to blare out my .mp3'd CD collection, but I just don't.

I don't build to music, either.  I tend to build while movies are on!  Either I
watch one of the DVDs or VHSs I own, or I have on one of the pay channels I get
on cable (I rarely watch "TV" anymore, apart from The Simpsons, Futurama, and
The Sopranos- but I do watch a lot of movies on cable).

When I'm not watching random Cable gibberish, I watch basically, any movie I
know well enough that if I pause from building I know right where I am, and
what's happening- also, movies that are consistantly good, so I don't have stop
building for "the good part" because they're all full of good stuff.

Lately, it's been:

The Way of the Gun
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
Star Wars (all 4)