 Off-Topic / Fun / 2994
2993  |  2995
Subject:
Ulterior motives (was Re: Don Quixote puts away his lance (was Re: McDonalds set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 01:27:26 GMT

Simon Robinson wrote:

Now I've read this I've had to put a different interpretation on it -
clearly
you were hoping to raise prices, thus attracting
more sellers in, and so benefitting yourself.
*sigh* you don't know how disillusioned you've just made me <evil grin>

This was troll bait, right? :-) You've seen me try to raise prices
before. (cf the great blue train window thing)

Realise also that I suspect that the great acquisition mode phase may be
ending for me... my house is bursting and I am starting to realise that
I perhaps do not, after all, need 5.5 airport shuttles, 6 metroliners
and 15 copies of the yellow submarine.

So if those prices are driven up that's good for me when I start to
winnow my collection a bit. Which will be soon. Plus there is the swan
collection to consider, there are a LOT of sets to move out of that and
we are keeping only a very very few.

I want a successful venue to exist that is not eBay, if at all possible.
It may not be. If the differential is too great, I will sell my stuff on
eBay while holding my nose. I'd rather sell it on SC or JABA or
Brickyard or Busse or anywhere that doesn't have fixed ending time
auctions and doesn't stack things against buyers... but I personally am
only willing to sacrifice about 10% of the price I can get, if that.

lugnet.