 General / 7499
Re: McDonalds set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 14:06:45 GMT

Glen Tannenbaum wrote:

Ok.  After reading all your responses to my listing on E-Bay, I do see that I
was amiss in the way I posted it.  I am sorry for those I affended and I do
promise to not do it again.

I do not want to get in a flaming war with Larry or anyone else who thinks I
did wrong.  Lets try to stop it before it gets any bigger.  I am ending the
auction right now and will e-mail all the bidders allowing them to back out if
they want to.

That's big of you. (no sarcasm intended..) It's even a bit MORE than I
would do.
There is nothing wrong with selling something that is commonly
available. Were I you in this situation I would merely add information
that the set is avaiable and allow individual bidders to retract. Who
knows, the winning bidder may well be from europe and find it worth 20,
or whatever the bid comes to rest at, to know that he or she can get the
item without having to worry about it. One of my factorees has requested
3 of them from me so I know that's true.

Please overlook this one mistake by me and do not hold it against me for
future dealings.

We all make mistakes (well most of us. I never make misteaks, just ask
me:-) ). Absent this one abberation, which is being fixed, I consider
Glen a very solid trader and an asset to the community. The Dacta
discount resale is a service that is unavailable anywhere else and one I
have availed myself of repeatedly in the past. Thanks for running it!

lugnet.