 General / 7527
Re: McDonalds set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 03:26:20 GMT

Simon Robinson wrote:

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes:

Fair warning to all who read this. I WILL do it again if I discover your
listing and judge it to be egregiously misleading. your feedback will
not comment on you, merely present verifiable facts.

While I understand the sentiments, wouldn't it be better to contact
the seller first? I'd imagine it is possible that people may make
claims that are misleading, simply because they themselves were
misinformed and believed what they were saying was correct.

You may well be right but it's more work. Presenting facts ONLY via
feedback seems easy. No judgement of the seller is implied.

The TOS (which I posted a link to just now) talks of feedback extortion.
I think if no communication is made, no charge of extortion could be
made. There isn't anything I personallly want from the seller... but
still.

I'd like to think that if I ever put a lot on Ebay and mistakenly said
something that turned out not to be true, then I'd be given the chance
to withdraw the lot and re-auction with the correct information _before_
someone irreversibly left me neutral feedback.

Hmm... I see your point (and maybe we're veering into market.theory
areas), but what is bad about neutral feedback, per se? it's not
NEGATIVE... merely not positive.

lugnet.