 General / 7493
Re: McDonalds set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 13:20:15 GMT

I have no issue with selling something on eBay or anywhere else for the
highest price you can get. My issue is in doing so in a way that is not
full disclosure.

Go see this listing:

http://www.seriouscollector.com/auction/lot.cfm?lotID=A1755

THEOTII knows exactly how I got that set. He chose, as an informed
buyer, to buy from me instead of doing the legwork himself.

Now, the morons who are bidding on your auction may well be morons and
deserve what they get but I expected better from you. To post a set
without full disclosure is disingenious. And to claim that the set is
'hard to get' implies either that you feel that using the telephone to
call an 800 number is somehow hard, or it is a misleading statement.

Were it me I would have written the listing a little differently.
Specifically I would have pointed out that the set is available from US
S@H and it may be hard to get if you don't live in the US. It is
irrelevant how you actually obtained the set.

Call me all the names you like, I don't care. But it IS a datapoint I
will use in evaluating my further dealings with you. So is the fact that
you're willing to mislead the GP. You are within your rights to write
your listings in what ever manner you choose and I am within my rights
to leave neutral feedback, and take the consequences of doing so. If you
think I'm NOT within my rights to leave neutral feedback, please feel
free to use the eBay complaint process. I doubt they'll take any action
other than perhaps to reprimand YOU for being misleading.

You are the second Lugnetter/RTLer I have done this to. I hope you're
the last, but anyone I catch posting egregiously misleading stuff like
that IS going to get neutral feedback about it. And I don't care what
anyone thinks about it. flames to /dev/null.

Glen Tannenbaum wrote:

Now that I have calmed down somewhat from what Larry did, I do owe him an
apology.  Larry, I am sorry for calling you a sh_t, especially in from of
everyone.  I disagree with your logic of leaving nuetral feedback on items you
feel are selling for too much money but I was out of line in my name calling.

I do not feel that I did anything wrong.  I have a set and I put it on E-Bay
for a starting bid of $.99.  Am I liable if the bidders bid up the price?

Sorry again and I hope noone was affended by my remarks.  I am truly sorry.
That is not like me to do things like that.

Glen Tannenbaum

In lugnet.general, Glen Tannenbaum writes:
Not that I need to defend myself but I got one free with an order so I put it
on E-Bay.  If someone wants it, they are free to buy it.  I did not mislead
anyone in the description.

As for Larry, I have kept out of the discussions regarding how much of an
idiot you are but I must jump in now.  Larry, you have no right to leave
feedback on E-Bay unless you have done business with me on E-Bay.  Pardon my
language but you are sh_t.

I am sure this is going to start a flaming war against me but I had to speak
my mine.  For those of you who have done business with me in the past, you
know I am trustworthy and reliable.

Glen Tannenbaum

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Paul Foster wrote:

Hard to believe:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=159499399

How to win friends and influence people.... :-)

Do what I did and when you see these sorts of things, leave neutral
feedback pointing out how to get the item.

I may get feedback bombed but I don't really care... I'm a big brick.

What I thought was cheezy on this one is that he's using the S@H scan
with the identifying info whited out. So I gave the S@H number in my
feedback.

lugnet.