 Marketplace / Theory / 236
Re: Ulterior motives (was Re: Don Quixote puts away his lance (was Re: McDonalds set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 03:43:08 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Larry Pieniazek writes:
I want a successful venue to exist that is not eBay, if at all possible.

Ditto.

It may not be. If the differential is too great, I will sell my stuff on
eBay while holding my nose. I'd rather sell it on SC or JABA or
Brickyard or Busse or anywhere that doesn't have fixed ending time
auctions and doesn't stack things against buyers... but I personally am
only willing to sacrifice about 10% of the price I can get, if that.

I haven't been paying attention lately(1), but for quite a while I was watching
SC and Ebay prices, and they were generally comparable.  Within a few percent,
in fact.  Although I will confess that I tossed (IMO) extraneous data
points.(2)  Has anyone been paying enough attention to see if that is still the
case?

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/

1:Because I've been broke.  And when I watch auctions, I buy things in
auctions.  ;)
2:When set xxxx goes for $50-$75 once or twice a week, and one of them sells
for >$100, I consider it an extraneous data point.