 Off-Topic / Debate / 5342
Re: Elian Gonzales
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 17:44:53 GMT

To say anything else than that these facts about Cuba are indeed facts is to
be an apologist for one of the last few hard line Evil Empire outposts.

This is political and propaganda-based grandstanding, as well as utterly
circular reasoning.

It's grand standing but it's not circular, based on your statement about
preconceived notions. The gist of that was that you seemed to be in denial
about how bad things are there (and in other hard line communist states, and
in a bunch of non communist places as well). You've recanted so we'll let it
slide.

   Thanks!
  The circular part is that either the reader has to agree with your view, or
else that reader's view doesn't count.  In addition, it's also a "false
dilemma," (if I recall my terminology correctly) in that it presumes to force
a choice between two, though not the only two, alternatives.

     Dave!