 Off-Topic / Debate / 5339
Re: Elian Gonzales
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 16:12:34 GMT

There is hard documented evidence in profuse quantities that, for example,
psychiatry is viewed as an arm of the ministry of the interior (that is, the
secret police) and dissenters are given wholly inappropriate (since they
happen to be quite sane) "treatment" as a means to quell dissent.

**snip of a few undeniable truths about Cuba**

My question remains, though: are we to assume that anyone who chooses to
remain in such a country must necessarily be either deceitful (spelled • properly
this time, unlike my last post!), under duress, or an unfit parent?

Add "deluded" to the list and I will go with yes. It's that simple.

To say anything else than that these facts about Cuba are indeed facts is to
be an apologist for one of the last few hard line Evil Empire outposts.

This is political and propaganda-based grandstanding, as well as utterly
circular reasoning.

It's grand standing but it's not circular, based on your statement about
preconceived notions. The gist of that was that you seemed to be in denial
about how bad things are there (and in other hard line communist states, and in
a bunch of non communist places as well). You've recanted so we'll let it
slide.

++Lar