 Off-Topic / Debate / 27052
Re: I think I'm going to puke....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 14 Jun 2005 17:20:21 GMT

Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:

The fact is that restrooms are separate for {very} good reasons.

...and speaking of fearing the left, when I visited a friend at his
dorm at UC Berekeley, the bathrooms on his floor where unisex.  I
tell you, it ruins romance to have a girl into the stall next to you
and...well, there is a point where too much information is not a good
thing...let's just mention the words, "percussive sonic-booms" and
"olfactory assault" and leave it at that. :-O

I visited an MIT dorm once that had a unixex bathroom, with showers...

You bring up an interesting and quaint "difference" between males and
females. Culture hides the fact that females can have digestive outbursts
just as males do, while culture almost celebrates male digestive outbursts.
Our youth director at church is at least comparable to me on burping
(sometime I think it would be fun to have a burping contest to see who
actually can produce more thunder...).

Actually this quaintness may be a big part of why culture wants separate
restroom facilities for males and females. Wouldn't want to let the secret
about women out...

Frank